Too Old to Die Young

• 52 Replies

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »
Boydie, fantastic review much appreciated! Once again lots to think about. I think I have a couple of dozen songs that I now need to revisit taking into account the various pieces of advice you and others have offered over the last year or so. Thanks!

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »
I really like this song - great hook in the lyric - great melody - great voice. Nice guitar work. I know there is a section here (in this forum) about production and what I know about production you could write on a grain of sand using double line spacing - but I wonder if this is a little over produced. The song is strong - strip it back and let it shine through - would love to hear a simple guitar vocal version of this - I think it would be really really strong. Be lucky. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
I really like this song - great hook in the lyric - great melody - great voice. Nice guitar work. I know there is a section here (in this forum) about production and what I know about production you could write on a grain of sand using double line spacing - but I wonder if this is a little over produced. The song is strong - strip it back and let it shine through - would love to hear a simple guitar vocal version of this - I think it would be really really strong. Be lucky. BTB

Glad you liked it. I don't know an awful lot about production either, not sure I could over-produce something if I tried but...funny you should say that...I did do an 1+1 version of this already, after performing it live a couple of times. But...I cannot find the file right now...I'll try and post it if/when I find it!

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »
Okay...I found the unplugged version I did of this back in July. It's not perfect, but I think the lyrics are closer to what I wanted them to be in the version I posted here originally...

Here's the private link on SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.com/sciencebase/too-old-to-die-young-acoustic/s-qlgFt

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »
yes shows what a strong song it is I think. I like it - best of luck with it I hope to hear a finished version soon. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »
yes shows what a strong song it is I think. I like it - best of luck with it I hope to hear a finished version soon. BTB

The "finishing" of this song has slipped down the list of priorities, I'm afraid. Newer stuff now in the mix. But, comments and critique have all been logged for the big remix of 2014 of my best 10 or so tracks.

jonlint

• Open Mic
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »
Catchy tune - I can tell you spent alot of time on it!   Keep it up!

Only suggestion I have to it overdub a muted guitar strum, reggae style, to enphasize the 2nd and 4th beats of the bar.  It could also be just a muted strum without any notes - just guitar percussive noise.

Rock on!

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
Catchy tune - I can tell you spent alot of time on it!   Keep it up!

Only suggestion I have to it overdub a muted guitar strum, reggae style, to enphasize the 2nd and 4th beats of the bar.  It could also be just a muted strum without any notes - just guitar percussive noise.

Rock on!

Well...that's an idea, I just got a cajón so this could very well be redone with a more organic percussion line altogether...