konalavadome

Anyone have experience with Celemony Melodyne?

• 6 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
Hi, I have a Boss BR1600CD v2 which I am pretty happy with, but the pitch correction tools and I just don't get on.I have read good things about the Melodyne autotune and would like feedback from anyone using it,also does anyone know if it can be used with my Boss recording studio?
Thanks

Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
Jamie, I'd be interested to hear what others think of it not just in terms of tuning but also harmonies. As I understand it its a software plug-in and I think your Boss looks like a dedicated hardware studio so not sure the two are compatible but lets see what other responses you get..
:)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »
I don't know anything about Melodyne, but I checked out the website and you can download a trial version which is free for 30 days.

Here's the link

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=demos

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:04:01 AM »
I have experimented with halfadozen pitch correctors including melodyne, i dont like any of them.they all produce artifacts, better just to have another take. They arnt designed to make bad singersinto good singersbut rather to correctminor pitch deviations. Imho id rather justdo another take or if i am forcedto useone it wouldbe sparingly on a syllable by syllable basis. Ie onlyon the notes that it is judged that it does its job completely transparently.

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
I don't like pitch correctors at all, they alter too much. A better take is best, as observed above. Also, double-tracking a vocal almost always irons out any small pitch "errors," but then you do have to ask whether they are actually errors or part of the performance...

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
Thanks for you comments guys. I am not the best singer, I'm reasonably accurate, but I can still hear some 'pitchy parts' that I'd like to iron out. But, my experience with the built in auto tune on my studio present me with more problems than it solves, so I guess that is echoed by your comments.

I also visited the melodyne web site and it sounded fantastic, but I guess it would ;)

Multiple re-takes is what it is then :'(

Cheers

Jamie

Dutchbeat

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
Hi, i have some experience with melodyne, it is extremely powerful and the options are incredible. It is beyound normal autotune software but very complex, i often end up making a mistake....and everything sounds weird....but that is probably me