konalavadome

man in a bar (a collaboration)

• 21 Replies

Sellon

• Open Mic
  • Disregard Everything I Say...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
I like this a lot because it reminds me of growing old and how like...when then person you love eventually dies you kinda just fall into a viscious cycle, i watched it happen so many times, it sort of happened to me a long time ago, in fact, i wrote an album about it called ''We Were Supposed To Stay Young'' kinda reminds me of that, cause you look back and wonder what happened when you start wasting your life away, I know I'm not old enough to understand that properly but...I kinda do and this is quite relatable to me because all I had then was my dog, however it did make me and my dog have this unique relationship, I'd happily die for that dog now, in a way I think that relationship is better than any I've had in my life, even if he is just a dog, I'm sorta glad i read this because it made me feel that love i have for my dog without him being here.
What if we both just smiled at once?

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:19:17 PM »
Im touched that u can relate to the song sellon
i wasnt expecting such positive comments. It makes songwriting all worthwhile
Kayles86 ★

people move,people change,like a rivers flow it never ends

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
hi kayles86,

i loved this told me a story you see this kind of thing everywhere as well
so gives that true to life feel

the dog on his lap looks ready to go

great stuff thats a lyric good luck take care...

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »
Thankyou very much benjo
Kayles86 ★

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 04:31:46 PM »
Hi Kayles86, I really like this song, do you have a Soundcloud link for it so I could have a listen?  I agree with all the comments you've had, it paints a really good picture.  The only bit that slightly detracted from the otherwise top quality was the line "pissed as a fart" - maybe it's just me but that phrasing seemed at odds with the somewhat sympathetic tone in the rest of the song.
GTB
GTB

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »
Hi Kayles86, I really like this song, do you have a Soundcloud link for it so I could have a listen?  I agree with all the comments you've had, it paints a really good picture.  The only bit that slightly detracted from the otherwise top quality was the line "pissed as a fart" - maybe it's just me but that phrasing seemed at odds with the somewhat sympathetic tone in the rest of the song.
GTB the pissed as a fart line has been changed so no worry there my co writer and i agreed to change that particular line. Site is soundcloud.com/neilconnor the and the songs man in the corner. Thanks for your feedback GTB
Kayles86 ★

Kayles86

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
Man in the corner is now up on youtube many thanks to robin and neil for their hard work and help on the lyrics and music it wouldnt have been possible without you guys
Kayles86 ★