Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Cast it all away (demo) - Seven Sins - habiTat

(1/3) > >>

habiTat:
Hi everyone,

I've been super busy what with a holiday, decorating, work and a toddler so things have slowed somewhat in the music department  >:( but hey ho..

This is my latest demo, iphone recording I'm afraid as all my gear is inaccessible..

For those of you following it, the Seven Sins album is coming on well, our character gets dumped by his 'true love' in the first sequence, passes out and takes us into a comatose journey through his emotions as he works through the rejection, battling out his unrequited love, each of the seven sins is represented in each of the songs along the way, check out the first 6 songs in a single string here http://soundcloud.com/whitewinter-habitat/stringfirst6demo  if you want to catch up..

Anyway, with two sins still to complete (Ira-wrath and Superbia-pride) I have written and composed this song, Cast it all away. This is the concluding song of the album. Our hopeless romantic has fallen head over heels for his nurse and is getting himself all carried away again with talk of marriage etc..

I don't normally do love songs so I'm hoping it's not too cheesy, although it needs to be a bit  ;D

All ideas, comments and general feedback are greatly appreciated as this is very much W.I.P.

http://soundcloud.com/habitatsongs/cast-it-all-away-demo

Cast it all away
No shackles left to weigh
My feet and hands can play
So free

I had the darkest dream and
I battled with my demons
I woke with open eyes
And I'm free

An angel in my ear
Whispers melt my fears
There when I awoke
In front of me

If you think you love me
Please tell me so
If I have a chance then
Please tell me so
Could you stay forever
Please tell me so
So I know..

Cos I'll cast it all away
Cast it all away
I'll cast it all away
For you

If you're wanting me
No lies no fallacy
Be honest openly
Let me see

My nurse my saviour
With you I'm forgetting her
With my pulse please take my hand
Marry me

If you think you love me
Please tell me so
If I have a chance then
Please tell me so
Could you stay forever
Please tell me so
So I know..

Cos I'll cast it all away
Cast it all away
I'll cast it all away
For you

I'll cast it all away
Cast it all away
Cast it all away
For you
For you

Jess:
I actually love this, I could listen to it all day- it's very beautiful, love the guitar, this album is going to be epic!! Need to do some liking on soundcloud later...

man of simple pleasures:
am swaying man🎶🎶 nice fingerpicking as always! gonna have to listen to the first set of songs again!

Neil C:
HabTat,
All that stuff and a 7 songs concept LP!
For me the tune progresses nicely enough, however musically this WIP didn't really really convince me that someone has fallen "head over heels". Does it need to be a bit more upbeat or have some chordal variations I'm not sure. I'd certainly be tempted to consider a more full arrangement with percussion and strings and things
I hope this is helpful, can't wait to hear the finished article.
 :)
Neil

montydog:
Gorgeous guitar sound - what instrument are you playing? Super vocals as well and I liked the constant picking pattern - I found it mesmeric. A rather lovely song. Some of the lyrics are a little predictable and lean towards cheese but your vocal and the sheer beauty of the song carry it though. This album is going to be a masterpiece. So hard to maintain such a high level of song writing within a fairly narrow remit. Lovely job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version