You're Getting Older (Landslide)

• 17 Replies

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
I love Fleetwood Mac too but I also really like the Dixie Chicks version too which I sing with my sister.

Sorry Sellon it is a little too similar, if it was Landslide with a different subject matter you'd get away with it, but the lyrics are too similar in place I'm afraid

x

Sellon

• Open Mic
  • Disregard Everything I Say...
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
I know, that's why I said I'd change it, I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of it really, it was an accident, I'll google all the things i write from now on, I can't change it right now, it's my 18th birthday weekend and I really don't want to do it right now, I'm sorry or whatever, I haven't even heard the song before, stop accusing me of stealing, I wouldn't ever do that, I have no reason to, and do you really think I'd try to steal a song that ''everyone's'' supposedly heard, it's nonsense, get the thread deleted or something, i don't know, I'll post something else another day, I don't care, but when people accuse me of stealing (the thing I hate most in the world) I get quite offended, and i can see where everyone's coming from but I've said already that it was an accident and that I'd change it.
What if we both just smiled at once?

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Hi Sellon, I hope all this isn't spoiling your birthday weekend.  Since the other song has been on Glee I'm surprised we are not all totally brainwashed with it!
I wrote a song last week and my part-time collaborating "engineer" pointed out the bass in the bridge was identical to a piece I put into another song only a few weeks ago - seems I even plagiarise myself!   I've lost count of how much stuff I've had to ditch because it's been done before.
GTB
GTB