konalavadome

Best Brass VST software?

• 5 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
Hi, I was really taken by the brass section in Bin's latest offering which is done on a synth ( albeit played on a guitar! ) and I'd be interested in any recommendations for PC plug-ins both free and paid for pop and soul type stuff.
Many thanks
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
That's weird, I was doing just this search yesterday.

Didn't get much of use, to be honest...

I have tried putting the Logic ESX24 brass section through a gate filter and a guitar amp, which improves the sound.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
Ah brass....

The only time I've ever been able to use it effectively is a song where I also tracked multiple vocals copying the brass as it played (ba ba ba...type thing)

It's a dark dark art....

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Oh I don't know brass terrifies me!  :o

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »
I am a huge fan of Native Instruments Kontakt. They have a free player that comes with hundreds of instruments many with expressions builtin and keys to change the sound. The paid version of course opens many more doors and supports 3rd party samples, many  great free and low cost instruments become available then. Kontact free should be in everyones arsenal.

There are even some key and tempo switchable phase instruments in brass which cover some amazing styles. Might try them oneday myself.

Just download the free kontakt player, you will not regret it.

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »
Yes, Kontakt is great - I use it with the digital string orchestra. Well worth investigating, but, of course, quite expensive...