say it to my face (forum collaboration in progress)

• 6 Replies

Dutchbeat

« on: July 13, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
Hi,
this is a piece that Binladeda, CalmLondon, Mrs. DB, Sing4me88 and I have been working on quite a lot lately
and we would appreciate feedback on the mix and also on the song / tune in general...
very much
help us to finish this one off   :-[ :-\

https://soundcloud.com/dutchbeat-1/say-it-to-my-face

i joined soundcloud just now to be able to put this up here, so i hope this link works :P...Vocals by Mrs. DB and CalmLondon. Music (guitars) from Binladeda (how he rocks!) and me (bass, synths, and a load of cheap samples  ;D).

Lyrics are from Sing4me88 and are something like this:

"Say it to my face"

I’ve Been told to hang my head in shame,
For these things I haven’t done,
From mistakes I’ve never made,
How’s a girl supposed to learn?
(so, listen)

You don’t say it to your friends,
You don’t send it in a text,
If you got something to say,
You just say it to my face

So, we can go on and on,
Sniping at each other all day,
But I’m through with this boy!
I don’t care what you’ve got to say
(so listen)

(say it to my face)
(let’s go)

(spoken) Do I have to spell it out for you?

just say it to my face…just say it to my face

thanks, beautiful forum people
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:45:58 PM by Dutchbeat »

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:47 PM »
hey mate! haha theres always shitloads of stuff going on in your productions like! i'm wondering whats going on in your head when you conjure up these!

first minute or so sound great with that guitar and the whole kinda vibe then it goes a bit mental and stays the same i duno maybes needs a bit breathing space in the middle strip it back to bare minimum and then bang!  build it up and go back into it but i duno am not a songwriter or producer so i duno what am talking about just a thought but i like how you go a bit crazy on the stuff you do and its crying out with bags of fun, i tell you what if i could spend time in recording studio with you bashing out ideas for a song i reckon it would be mega! 😎
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:31:14 PM »
I thinks this is very good the only problem is the music at times is drowning out the vocals i think if the vocals was above the music and in control then yea great, the music seem to be at the same volume level all the time, but yea in your face, nobody is going to mess with you guys, can't wait to see the video for this i can see chairs and everything else flying all over the place.

Say it to my face, never.   ;D   8)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
I like this a lot, All Saints meets Jimmy Cliff.

I have no problem with the music but the balance between the lyrics and the other vocal interjections seemed to be out. I find the additional lyrics are often louder than the main vocal, which I find a bit off putting. I quite like the balance between the main vocal and the music. It has a strange appeal, like Jamaican Gumbo.

What a great chorus.

diadem

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
This collaboration has a lot of original ideas - this doesn't sound derivative of anyone or anything else. The vibe is great with that bouncing bass line and the pulsing beat. I always love Binladeda's playing. Very catchy and infectious in it's feel. I thoroughly enjoyed it - I could imagine it playing in the bar on a Jamaican beach will drinking a Red Stripe.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

lovely groove (a phrase i often use apparently !) but theres no other way of saying it ...nice synchopation is too difficult to spell and may not be excatly corect, it just feels good, found myself singing along to it..
loads bubbling up like a mini cauldron (wasnt she in coronation street ?)
theres a nice change at the end i thought you could have developed and maybe used a little earlier as a kind of bridge , would be good contrast and jumping off point back into the song..
but top marks everyone, bloody dressing room must have been warm & aromatic in this weather ..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
Got me boppin.

Nice feel to this my only crit was that I found the vocals jumbled. There was a lot going on and they wernt featured strongly enough in the mix to make them stand out. I know its hard to get everything heard when you have 1001 things going on, perhaps some level adjustment from time to time would allow the vocals to take centre stage when required.

But oh so original. I loved this, great lyrics and man can Bin play.

Allan.