Moonlight Footsteps

• 25 Replies

Dutchbeat

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
heavy stuff

very sad, but a very strong bit of songwriting!

no comments from me over here, just listening in silence   :P :-X

Dogmax

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »
Thanks Geoffrey, sorry about the ugly bit Mate i meant the song  ;D  going to have refade those words, at the moment the only instrument i play is the guitar but i do have a few tin whistles in the house so at the moment thanks to all here, working on a few ideas, Cheer Mate.

Thanks Suzy, Yea i thought about the lines you're talking about and you're right, as for the song at the time i wrote it one of my Mates who i grew up with was going through a tough time but thankfully everyone doing well now, and yea I'm from Ireland and the way this world was made i think we all have lost relatives all over the place   8)  Cheer Suzy.

Thanks Nicholas, You got a talent my friend and the way you use your job i think you know it   ;)  looking forward to hearing it and seeing it, oh and glad you love the song  ;D  Cheer Mate.

Thanks Dutchbeat, Reading from your words we all listen in silence and so do the audience in their own individual ways, but heavy stuff, that's what we're made off,  Cheer Mate.

And Allan, I'm going to hold back on changing Footsteps to Footprints, reason, I'm not to sure yet   8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
Thanks Geoffrey, sorry about the ugly bit Mate i meant the song  ;D  going to have refade those words, at the moment the only instrument i play is the guitar but i do have a few tin whistles in the house so at the moment thanks to all here, working on a few ideas, Cheer Mate.

Thanks Suzy, Yea i thought about the lines you're talking about and you're right, as for the song at the time i wrote it one of my Mates who i grew up with was going through a tough time but thankfully everyone doing well now, and yea I'm from Ireland and the way this world was made i think we all have lost relatives all over the place   8)  Cheer Suzy.

Thanks Nicholas, You got a talent my friend and the way you use your job i think you know it   ;)  looking forward to hearing it and seeing it, oh and glad you love the song  ;D  Cheer Mate.

Thanks Dutchbeat, Reading from your words we all listen in silence and so do the audience in their own individual ways, but heavy stuff, that's what we're made off,  Cheer Mate.

And Allan, I'm going to hold back on changing Footsteps to Footprints, reason, I'm not to sure yet   8)
Hi Dogman...I was thinking if you changed the word 'see' to 'hear footsteps' that might be kinda cool 8)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »
The second Noah and the Whale Album has a bunch of very sombre songs on it. And his loose diction is similar to yours.

I love that album, but have to be in the mood for it! This is great. I wonder what it would sound like with a sparse, spikey electric guitar added to the acoustic, just strumming down once on each chord change.

This is open enough to absorb some arrangement trickery, but works as is too.
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
Great Folk song feel to this Song. The best thing is  You have a distinctive style  & I know its you! This is the best accolade.....I  am a fan  &  I like all types of music  especially stuff that has depth & feeling                Both the vocals & guitar compliment well & it sounds effortless which is an attribute to you.                   Great!                                          Stylus             

Dogmax

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Thanks James, i can actually hear everything you're saying and that the magic people like you have on this great forum, i will indeed work on what you say, Many Thanks James.

Thanks Stylus for your kind words you're indeed like everyone else on this great forum very very talented long may the enjoyment continue, I'm a fan Mate.

Thanks Suzy, my work mate with the harmonica has the song and when he ready we'll try a few thing including changing some of the words and we'll see which has the best flow to it, also going to try out a few idea James talk about.

Many Thanks again to everyone, Top Class All   8)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 07:00:59 PM »
majestic! love the simple acoustic vocal , someones said perfect campfire song! i would listen til the sun comes up!  crackling fire with the acoustic going and your vocals , something about vocals, you just mean it man, van morrison dylan kinda thing, brilliant!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Dogmax

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
majestic! love the simple acoustic vocal , someones said perfect campfire song! i would listen til the sun comes up!  crackling fire with the acoustic going and your vocals , something about vocals, you just mean it man, van morrison dylan kinda thing, brilliant!

Thanks Man for your kind and lovely words, i think for the time been this great forum is the perfect campfire and we`re all sitting around listening to each other songs and having a few beers as well.

Even those mules are humming in harmony   ;D  talk soon Partner.   8)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
this great forum is the perfect campfire and we`re all sitting around listening to each other songs and having a few beers as well.

rock 'n' roll  8)
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
Sometimes you sit and listen to a song and sometimes it just "washes over you" (in a good way) - and this is definitely the latter

The track has a wonderful lazy feel to it, which would not be out of place in a TV drama or film

I am also hearing a harmonica and some 'leccy guitar touches here and there

The vocal sounds nice and warm so the mic was certainly a good investment!

Great stuff
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Dogmax

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
Thanks Boydie, yes the mic was certainly a great investment and we're going to try something out with the harmonica alright hopefully in the next few weeks, really glad you like it Boydie.

Thank again Everyone.   8)