konalavadome

day off

• 10 Replies

nicholaswebb

• Busker
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
hello again...here is a work in progress..this one is a bit less accomplished than the other one i put up in the finished songs thread
, and this is only the 3rd tune ive written words to and sung.

this also highlights the fact that i can not sing at all!!! my vocal range is about 3 notes! i did the other song after, and i think i have since realised that the speaking thing is pretty much all i can do. shamne because i want to put some tunes in the tunes!

all feedback greatly appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/boppo/day-off

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:36 AM »
Loved the ending!! Nice style, singing fine, just in desperate need of a hook line to hold it all together, but obviously only if you could be bothered!!  Well done. Terry.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »
hahaha, fun lyrics, and vocal is pretty ok, weel done, funny and a very fitting instrumentation

thumbs up

haha: "i am a lazy one, can't even finish this song" Great ending, brilliant!

you could consider erasing "song", as song rhymes on "one", people could guess that you were supposed to sing "song"...but then you completely didn't finish it

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
and came back and listened again, and really,really like it
weirdly nice

can't wait for the video!

nicholaswebb

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
brill, thanks for listening!!

i did consider cutting the 'song' off early....i should have more respect for the listener that they woud have guessed the word!!! i think ill leave this one now and move on...ive got a new one planned so ill take what ive learnt from this and put it in that!!!

cena69

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
fun lyrics that has made my night,
i could actually listen to that for a good while :D

cena69

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:44:26 AM »
Clever, simple and fun. Actually it's not really that simple is it? Nice performance and beautiful clarity. You know your vocal range is not nearly as bad as you claim.

'At some point I'm gonna need the loo, and then I guess I'll have to think of other things to do' Made me laugh.

Where are you going with your music? You are very talented but I'm having trouble placing your style (not that mine is defined) You're kinda Suggs meets Richard Stilgoe.

It's all good. Great fun and very refreshing.
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

nicholaswebb

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:09:39 AM »
Thank you vey much...really kind words!! I'm going to have another catch up on everyone else's work when I get back from work today, as you've all been so kind to take the time to listen to mine!!

As to where I'm going with this stuff...I don't really know to be honest! I'm not sure that there's a big market for any of this type of music, I'm really just doing it for my own amusement! and to see whrere it goes.

I've always written music, but have never written lyrics before- I think I've never found my voice until now, and I would never put lyrics on that I wasn't comfortable with. I've tried other lyricists, but didn't have much luck- they usually didn't like the tunes!  And now ive cound my voice, it turns out that it is peurile, childish and a bit scatological! Who knew??!

I must confess that I do occasionally write music for ads (not with my voice as of yet) ..but it's only ever been a bit of a blag...I'm no pro! And it's usually a specific thing they are after, which leaves me wanting to flex my more wacky side of music elsewhere

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »
hi there,

what a good tune bet most people can relate to this
ha ha good fun factor behind it too i liked a lot
thanks for posting take care...

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
Interesting intro - lovely guitar,harp dulcimer whatever. I liked the more natural production.
Great simple melody and words with easy arrangement and suits your voice perfectly, which sounded good to me. and the endi
;D ;D
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Thomas Frederick

• Busker
    • Spotify
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
The lyrics are very charming as well as your voice. I love the simplicity of it all also.

The music compliments the lyrics and the subject matter of the song.

The last 30 seconds or so are the perfect "cherry on top" for the song, very funny also!