On The Poor Side

• 19 Replies

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 09:31:04 PM »
Allan, I totally respect the nice big list of changes/improvements/redos/tweaks you mentioned. A man after my own heart!

Love love love that chorus! Sooooo catchy.

Great song but it needs some compressing on the mastering side I think. Get it really up close and personal in your face!

Great. Really enjoyed this.

Alan.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
OK so now this 100% better than before and it was bloody good to start with. I wish I could make recordings that sound as good as this. This is such a commercial sounding recording with so much to like. Hats off, man.

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
Thanks again for the kind words on this song, I must admit to be a little over whelemed by the praise I have received on this song. I felt confident it was a good un when I posted it but the response received has really heartened me.

@Alan Starkie - I know where you are coming from but I don't buy into the loudness wars, I prefer to give the music more dynamics and breathing space. Having said that, Ill probably follow your advice and make myself a more compressed version and listen to it a while to get used to it and then compare the two versions and see what I prefer...  So thanks for the suggestion.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
Hi Allan...great intro and fade out ending...love that first line...love the chorus and the harmonies...interesting effect on your vocals...top notch recording and producing...guitar and piano excellent...what else can I say...a very catchy song...I loved it :)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »
Nice bit of pop with an edge here. Nothing much to add from the comments above, some nice to and fro on the forum here :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk