Sean

• 3 Replies

gibbox

• Busker
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
Hi all! My name's Sean, I'm 18 and currently back living in my hometown of Coventry (although hopefully not for too long!)

I grew up around my Dad and Brother playing the guitar but never really took an interest in music until I took up the guitar at the age of 16 of my own accord. The thing I'm really passionate about is lyrics - always have been! As Billy Bragg says '4 chords and the truth!' - and that's enough for me! I hate having to use 'Indie' as a genre but that, combined with a bit of folk is all I can come up with to describe my style. Who needs to label music anyway!

I came back from 5 years in China during the summer so I'm still slowly adjusting to the 9-5 bore of life back home.

Hope to hear from you all soon! - Take it easy,

Sean

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
Hi Sean

Thanks for joining our forum - we hope you find it a useful resource while honing your songwriting skills.

Please don't feel the need to label your music. Just sing your songs and let everyone else worry about what to call it :D

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »
hello

welcome on the forum!

is Coventry that bad?

gibbox

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
It sometimes gets a bit more stick than it deserves but I'd much prefer to be on my travels!