konalavadome

Please Help!

• 20 Replies

adambond2010

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
Thanks jess that sounds like a good idea, sorry to offend you, sometimes simple works John Lennon's Love for example "love is real real is love" etc when john sang it I bought it when James Blunt did simple I didn't, but millions did so he must have done something right :) I just thought that's not that hard I can play all those chords I can come up with words like that but don't want use all the clichés.

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »
I just thought that's not that hard I can play all those chords I can come up with words like that but don't want use all the clichés.

Ah! if only it were that simple. We'd have the top 40 artists right here on this forum. Seriously there's every bit as much writing talent on this forum as there is in the commercial world the big difference is marketing. Unfortunately there are not enough true music fans to make a real difference and the masses buy what they're sold. Apologies to Rush for the miss-quote.

They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »
It all depends on context. What sounds rubbish via James Blunt sounds incredible via Lennon. I watched a vid of the Beatles doing the 'All You Need Is Love' broadcast on Youtube yesterday, and it still is a really powerful piece. Yet if you look at the lyrics, they seems so simple, almost trite. And let's not forget George Martin himself initially said of that song, 'It is too simple and repetitive' (or words to that effect). So - you have to have the strength to stand by your own work once it's in the right context.

adambond2010

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
I have no doubt for a second shiny there's just as much talent here, yes the masses do buy what they're sold and there isn't enough real music fans out they're but  guess were trying to change that i'm trying to convince people, where I work they used to listen to BBC radio 1 and i'd rather listen to nothing than that, i listen to radio 2 and after a while they got it and wanted to listen to proper music, I love the old stuff ob The Beatles, Gerry Rafferty, The Eagles, Elton, Queen etc.

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
6 Music is worth listening to sometimes ... when it's not there's always Soundcloud and Reverbnation
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
A lot to like on 6Music.