Compassion Fatigue - link added

• 18 Replies

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »
This production has a Travelling Wilburys feel to it, very nicely done indeed. Agree with AS about the use of the guitar licks. Perhaps you could try something else during the verses like a muted guitar or something just adding a rhythym texture. I think that could help bring the focus back to the lyric and give the remaining guitar pieces far more impact when they are played.

But its a good song, and I rate it. Willo be interesting to hear how a rocked up number sounds but I must admit to likeing the sound as it is. A good production could have some commercial success.

Kudos on the write.
Allan.

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
Thanks Alan & Seriousfun for the great feedback on this one.
 - you're not wrong Alan, I got a bit carried away with the strat' (always do) so will be taking some of those licks out/down at some point.  I'm still on a steep learning curve with recording so I know there's a lot of room for improvement in the production (e.g. I need to find out how to make reverb sound good), not to mention the singing.
I'm putting this song into the 'tweak it when I know a bit more' category, so thanks again everyone.
GTB
GTB

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »
Well, as this one got 'bumped' again I had a listen (only commented on the lyric before) ... Nice one. Sounds good to me. Could probably benefit from a good arrangement and a little 'tuning'.

Good song, I like :)
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »
Thanks ShinyThang - I didn't really want to bump it tbh, just wanted to make sure I thanked everyone for their feedback so I could let it slide down the list :-)
GTB
GTB