konalavadome

Won Love

• 25 Replies

Dogmax

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
Well Floss  ;D

There's only one word, Yeaaaaaaa, but there's always a but, just rise the volume on your vocal.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Hey Flossie,  Another beauty ;D  The emotion you convey in your playing/singing is awesome....and ALWAYS a pleasure to hear.  I'm missing your usual 'build' in this.....I agree with 'more definition', and maybe using more crescendo/diminuendo would help here. I want to hear more of those dramatic 'trademark' harmonies of yours. Musically, I think just piano and vocals suit this perfectly, anything else would be 'over egging'  ;D ;D  Unfortunately, that means there's no room for me to add anything :-\ :-\   Great stuff though, and great to have you back  ;D ;D  Love you Flossie xx :-* 
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 12:06:36 PM »
Hi Bin! I will work on some harmonies and more definition for sure,  thanks for the feedback

xxx
 :-*

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
The harmonies around the 1:50 mark are sensational, and the whole song just reeks of class. As others have mentioned it just needs to have more distinction between sections but I think the addition of some orchestration with the chorus and bridge section will go a long way toward defining that. I love the slow simple start but would like to hear more made of the harmonies on the second verse and then perhaps moving to a higher register after that. This would really help to isolate the sections and then with some additional orchestration for the chorus before finally backing of for the last verse and outro I think you will have a real winner here.

Kudos on the write.

Ps: please post lyrics with songs it's so much easer to critique.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »
Great intro and lovely piano.
Really nice melody.
For me you've too much reverb on your voice and I struggle to hear all your words, but you can really sing, so let it shine.
Well worth the wait.
:) :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
@serious fun sorry for no lyrics  :o  Next time!  Thanks for the lovely comments too x

I am going to try and do as everyone has said, now I'm not sure how I do this, do I need to rewrite or is this arranging or production - I'm confused  :)

Thanks Neil I'm trying to work on the reverb issue, I like to hide behind it but not only does it make my music sound really old fashioned it's not clear what I'm singing! The next version will be better.

Thanks everybody for the reviews, they are so helpful
x

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
Re [I am going to try and do as everyone has said, now I'm not sure how I do this, do I need to rewrite or is this arranging or production - I'm confused  :)] I'd give yourself some space to evaluate the comments, work out what you want and what you want to change and the focus. Good luck. N
songwriter of no repute..

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »
Thanks Neil, I think I will  ;)
x

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:26 AM »
Title: How about 'Won love' just a suttle change may catch people's eye.
Terry

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
Bloody brilliant idea thanks Terry  ;D

stephaniedema

• Solo Gig
    • Sienna Little on Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
Hi Flossie :)

Your voice sounds really amazing on this track, as does the piano (as usual).
Do you plan on adding other instruments? If not, I would say: don't record to a click track. It gives the song more room to breathe, as it does now. If that makes any sense...
As for the title, just shortening the idea given before: 'Find my way back home'?

Greetings
SD
Like a little spider I'm climbing the insurmountable. But I never hold myself accountable. - KT Tunstall

https://www.facebook.com/siennalittlemusic
https://twitter.com/SiennaLittle
http://www.reverbnation.com/siennalittle