Let freedom ring! ...first attempt...Binladeda & Dutchbeat

• 10 Replies

Dutchbeat

« on: May 02, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
comments on this piece are needed, please

I mixed it like this, but this should be very different i think,

which way to turn?

and what to delete?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRvgqFYlz8&list=UUKIka_VENBJcBRbs60GGq2w&index=1

sorry, video is extremely lo-fi at the moment

and comments on that very needed also..

but i plan to go for a video of this type

thanks  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:56:52 PM by Dutchbeat »

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
Great mixed up vibe going on as usual. Strong core riff, lots of energy and ideas popping up all over the place,. Good trancey ending.
Thoughts I think i'd like a bit of 'shape' in it, perhaps brining it down and up back again, if that makes any sense and I think I'd like to hear a bit more slide higher up in the mix on occasions.

You've sort of found a sweet spot for mashed up dance retro slide which sounds pretty unique, which is in itself a bit of an achievement.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

calmlondon

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:45 AM »
Heya,

I liked this track a lot. I couldn't get a handle on it - trying to work out the layers. Unique mash up as per Neil C comment.

The track has a anarchic feel to it - which suits the title well and the tornado in the video linked in well, because I felt the forward force of that bassline and its guitar henchman driving the track forward.  The guitars got too busy in parts but overall were a powerful contribution to the track. I really dug the outro and would like to hear that chord/section mid song to give pause from the relentless.

What kit do you have ? Good stuff.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:03:46 AM by calmlondon »

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
You are both on to something with this style of music, every time you write together it gets better and better. 

This song is really atmospheric and I really  liked it!   ;D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
As soon as it starts i was headbanging :)...listen to more Hawkwind...

Add a bit of this into your music  and i will follow you to the ends of time ;D

But i do like your song a lot..think less clubland and more outs space.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
Thanks, people for the feedback and nice comments

to STC: about Hawkwind, funny that you mention them in connection to this music. Since i got the opportunity to work with Bin, i remembered a performance of Hawkwind which i sort of accidentally saw

(i got a free ticket  ;D ;D). I had never heard of Hawkwind by that time but that show was amazing...But after that concert for some reason i never really listened to that music again, but went i received the first tracks from Bin, i was strongly reminded of that experience (i must listen to hawkwind some more....)

but we do want to combine rock sound with dance, raggae, psychadelic things and sometimes jazz etc, so we are just trying out combinations

to CalmLondon: about my gear, i use reaper (DAW), a truck load of samples and have two Roland synthesizers and a microkorg (but in this one, it is mainly the load of samples  ;D ;D) and as a sound card / module and connection for mics etc i use the Roland quad capture

To Neil C: that is indeed one of my problems, i have to get more defined 'shape' in the mixes, and i know i have too much at the same time, but i find it hard to erase things...i like adding things to the point that most people find it too much (but i think that is one of the things i liked the most of the Hawkwind concert....they love to go to the edge and a little beyond that as far as there guitar sounds are concerned)

sorry for the long reply, just wanted to say, thanks for the responses!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:36:38 PM by Dutchbeat »

Kafla

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
You know I don't think there is much wrong with this full stop

Cracking riff Bin - quite personal Jesus - and DB you have excelled yourself with the bleeps and blobs and drums

Class  ;D

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words and advice.  Everything that has been mentioned rings true ;D ;D  We have a few other mixes of this, and I'm sure, with a bit of Dutch magic, we can chop/change/alter and get a good final version together. I also think that the slide needs to be more prominent and that introducing the 'trancy' outro earlier in the song would add interest, and break the 'relentlessness' of it ;D ;D Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment. I'm sure we''ll be posting another  mix very soon.  Love you all xx
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
Hi,

You two have developed a real attitude and persona in your music. I think the bass line is outstanding - one of the best I've heard for along time - so simple but effective. There is a lot going on which is one of your trademarks but it's got a great vibe to it. Sounds very professional and commercial to me. This is so far outside by experience that I wouldn't know what to suggest to improve it but I like it!

Alan

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »
It sounds very polished to me. I  like it but have no experience producing anything even remotely like this and cant offer any help in production, I don't even know where to aim lol.

Its really cool and I loved the outro, I can imagine this on the dance floor with arms waving wildly and lights flashing and the paramedics working frantically on my heart.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »
Wow guys, loving the beat and that distinctive riff..

This is very distinctive and is very in line with your style. Again it's very busy but I think that is your trademark now so I wouldn't change that. My only suggestion would be to make the vocal parts a bit clearer/louder as they are maybe a little drowned, overall I think it's great.

I really like the synthy trancey outro, I'd put more of that in if it were mine..

Great work

hab..