Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

These days

<< < (2/2)

S.T.C:

--- Quote from: montydog on May 01, 2013, 05:32:43 PM ---Some tuning issues on the vocal but otherwise this is rather lovely, particularly the guitar playing which is gorgeous. I like the format and the laid back approach. The melody could just do with clarifying a little. I think I can tell that you're not comfortable singing yet. I think the lyrics are great - simple, direct and effective.

--- End quote ---

Cheers for the guitar comments..when i press record i tend to freeze up and started the guitar all wrong...the first 2 lines i sung, i think sound good,if i could only have kept that up.

Did try a bit today but gave up..i have Friday free ,so might have  another go...

I wanted it to be  a stripped down, minimalist  sound with a trace of menace..

The melody does need clarifying i agree, again i started playing chords i didn`t intend too.....

The lyrics..well , i didn`t impress myself that much...but maybe there about right.

habiTat:
Hey STC, the guitar sounds really nice, lovely and warm. Your vocal is getting better as well, it's like you're getting more confident.

I reckon just familiarise yourself with it more, then re-record.

hab..

Dutchbeat:
very, very ok

reminds me of the Doors,

adding a few long organ notes would work, i think

but cool, yes

flossie:
I agree with Dutchbeat, some doorsy organ sounds and maybe further along a brush kit playing with lots of reverb and this would add a drug induced mellowness to this piece.  :o ;D

I think this is definitely worth developing I'm looking forward to hearing the next version!
x

Kafla:
Hey STC

You are definitely improving - the guitar is as well played as I have heard from you and the vocal is more prominent and confident

Signs that you are making huge strides  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version