Thoughts so far...?

• 7 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
I just wondered what people thought of the split boards?

It's been two weeks since it changed, the forum has gone pretty quiet but that may just be a natural lull due to weather/work commitments etc..

Early signs look good I think, people posting in WIP seem to have embraced the concept asking for specific feedback etc..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
I like the split. It allows feedback fairly early in the process and offers new insight and ideas that can help develop rather than waiting until a song is 'finished' and then trying to re-tweak everything on the back of feedback.

I also find it very interesting to listen to stuff that's in the process of being put together and then compare it with what the final song is like. I think the slit really helps in terms of getting good feedback but also helps in terms of offering constructive feedback, especially when some posters with really good songs in the early stages aren't sure of the value of their work and can't see how strong or good their bare bones work really is!

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
Whether it be because of the split boards, the new two week posting, or just the sunshine  8) I feel like I can keep up again! I spend an hour or so a few times a week catching up with the tracks on here,  which was until recently enough. And now again, I am not swamped with bold text, so will be "broken even" again soon

Ah. Completion. The vain hope of modern life

;D
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
Yep, I like it. The WIP board means I can post my bare vocal/acoustic guitar songs without feeling guilty that I haven't knuckled down and done a full recording  ;D

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
Yep, I like it. The WIP board means I can post my bare vocal/acoustic guitar songs without feeling guilty that I haven't knuckled down and done a full recording  ;D

Exactly. Its what i think.

Im liking the new split.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
Nice to get some feedback from you chaps - and glad you like the changes so far :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
I note that some posters, me included are unsure whether the one post per fortnight applies to both the finished songs and the wip or if you are able to post in both boards once per fortnight. I think this may need a clarification post. I personally have taken the safe route and not posted.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
You can post in both forums within the same 2 week period, so long as you keeps posts in individual forums 2 weeks apart.

I'll write a clarification post as you suggest :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l