measurement game

• 4 Replies

Chris_lightless

• Busker
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:52:53 AM »
Ähm, yeah kinda got caught up in some useless talk... i wasnt sure how to respond because it was so utterly pointless to even have this kinda of conversation with friends... i mean having some preference isnt bad but if it comes to actual love ... what the hell does it matter .... not even the slightest bit ... i dont wanna offend anybody who has preference everybody does even for oneselfe... but nobody is perfect and this "imperfection" is what makes it loveable ... otherwise if we were perfect we would be some sort of robot ... even girls, boys these days talk about it loudly in public ... i mean i am not uptight but fact is this shouldnt be some problem at all ...

feedback and advice as always needed :D

....measurement-game....

( Verse 1)

You are in a bar  at night a sorrowfully sight
Sitting there with your dickhead-friends
Everything revolves around one nonsense size
Full of pushy gawp, drooling mouth wide
loud bawl ,neglecting her pride
putting her into the  lowest mind

( Pre Chrous )

Oh your head is stuck down below
Arrow-ego is your own foe
There is nothin´ left  for you to show

( Chours )

Yeah, Is that all you know
how to measure another soul
The inside of her bra cant be  far
Think she is just another trophy
you will put in a hidden chart
Oh , keep up the measurement-game
One day it wont be the same
When you drowned in her breast-size fame
No love for you, what a shame
Oh measurement game

( Verse 2)

Night goes one looking to shapes
Triangle gaze  you are one of the apes
She just wont turn her neck
Appealed by someone else
What a drag, cursing him as fag
He doesnt care about her frame
Looking her in the eyes
Just sees her as the same

( Pre Chrous )

Oh your head is stuck down below
Arrow-ego is your own foe
There is nothin´ left  for you to show

( Chours )

Oh measurement game

( Verse 3 )
someday when your karma bites
and she cries out loud, sorry plight
oh no, what a pinky-size
It´s way too late  to realize
you shouldnt be part  of measure-rite
Cause´ this game implies
that your love is based on lies
Next time you should watch her eyes
Without focusing her size

( Chours )

Oh measurement game
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:56:33 AM by Chris_lightless »
pure hearts are meant to bleed

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
Oh I like this! I love how you've looked at the girls perceptive of being objectified and think you've captured the emotions and opinions perfectly. The title intrigued me and I was really pleasantly surprised with the topic- it's really original. My favourite bit was the chorus and the pre chorus, my only comments would be I think verse 3 would be a great bridge- that was the kind of vibe I was getting from it- you could change up its structure and tune, just to make the final chorus really climatic, before the end of the song. But, it's up to you, it's your work at the end of the day. And I love this one :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
This is actually really good. I love the message of the song, well basically everything that Jess said. I imagined it that on the first two verses it was quiet then by the chorus it was louder. That's just how I imagined it. Can I ask how picture the song?
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
Great lyrics to me, only neg, a bit too harsh a bit too envious, 'dickhead friends' perhaps I'm an old fuddy duddy. just a bit too angry? I wish you well. Terry.

Chris_lightless

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »
Jess,
 thank you, guess i accomplished what i had in mind, the 3rd verse was actually a bridge but i wasnt sure because i am always writing 3 verses but this time i had 2 so i changed it to a verse without bridge but the bridge would make more sense as you said to emphasize the last chorus  :-\ as always keen understanding :D

BooBoo,
thank you as well , ehm i pictured it like you said the first and second verse quiet ( melody picking ) the pre and chorus loud ( playing full chords ), the third verse slower to elongate words like size , realize , rite , eyes , lies and so on , in a higher voice , and the last chorus pretty much the same as the other ones just the last line like OHhhh measurement game Oh measurement gaahhhahme , game in a high voice for the end if that makes any sense :D

Terry,
Ty, ähm i get the harsh part but isnt it right to get harsh i mean if you get willingly reduced to one part of your body but you are a human being so i guess there is much more to witness, just my opinion , i had the choice between narrow-minded friends , friends or dickhead-friends i picked the last one because it underlined the topic and the message , meaning .
But i dont get the envious part because to me it doenst sound envious more like angry as you said , maybe because i wrote it and somebody else would see it in a different light anyway i am glad you liked the lyrics :D
pure hearts are meant to bleed