A Grandads song

• 25 Replies

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
Hey Bin, I've been meaning to write something about this for a while but always felt I couldn't do it justice in the time I had. Tonight I'm busy putting a lead break on two songs (one my own and another a friend's ... and that one's long overdue).

But I just had to let you know that I think this is right up there with the best new songs I've heard anywhere let alone on this forum. The lyric is a delight stuffed full of things I wish I'd written ;)

Hope all is good with the op. I am 8 months on from them poking around in me and I've never felt better! Feel like an 18 year old ... don't know any do you?
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »
Hi Bin,

This is great. The vocal is fantastic. I like the lack slushiness in the lyrics; that cautionary tale meets embrace life philosophy - value the things that matter, the rest are baubles.

Musically - i too get Van Morrsison and may be some Pogues.

I don't think there's much I'd alter - a little tightening of screws here and there - but not too much as it has a great vibe.

Cheers,

Digger

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
Firstly I need to apologise for my delay in reviewing this utterly gorgeous song. 

I wish you would go in to a studio and get someone to produce you. It would be awesome  Is there any instrument you can't play?  Your voice is really special.

I just love this song Bin. 

The message is wonderful.

I honestly think out of everyone on this forum, you are  the most talented, versatile songwriter and musician on here.  You just need a bit of discipline!!!!!

Love

an admirer  ;)
x

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »
  You just need a bit of discipline!!!!!

Oooerrr....is that an offer  ;D ;D ;D xxx....just knew I was going to have some fun, once I'd figured out this text thing ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again guys for all your kind words....btw, it's a boy ;D ;D  trying to get them to call him Rock, but am meeting with resistance.....his name would be Rock Wild  ;D ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Dutchbeat

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
what a cool name....

for some reason, i always suspected your last name was not "Ladeda"

what if we would form a choir of songwriters to back this track up...only in the refrains / choruses

i bet Flossie is willing to participate  ;D ;D ;D ;D
i am, to mix the choir (i can't sing myself)

seriously it is a song where you could a sort of huge choir behind Bin in the choruses would work or

just selected repeating lines...

sort of a welcome to the world from an army of songwriters for a future songwriter

sorry Bin, just a thought   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

but yes, this is a lovely song, you master every genre, from out of space, heavy to sweet and serious

you master it all

Dutchbeat

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »
Hi forumites, i thought i might as well bounce this one up....as the moment start to near that Bin is becoming a grandfather (sorry, Bin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

but in particular because it is such a excellent (and sweet) song, perhaps the newer forumites are intersted in this song

i wish you well, Bin, and yes, there is no such thing as privacy on the internet  ::) ::) still i hope you are not going to tell all you know about me  :P :P :P :P :P :P

take care!

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Since Bin has become a grandfather just now....i am bouncing this song up, i see Dutchbeat already tried that, but much too early (very bad timing once again, Dutchbeat  ;D)

CONGRATULATIONS BIN!!!!

I hope you will able to still rock like you did before you became a grandfather  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »
Since Bin has become a grandfather just now....i am bouncing this song up, i see Dutchbeat already tried that, but much too early (very bad timing once again, Dutchbeat  ;D)

CONGRATULATIONS BIN!!!!

I hope you will able to still rock like you did before you became a grandfather  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too cool 8) Congrats Bin...born on the same day as my daughter was :) :) did he/she come out rocking :) :) CS

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
hey grandad this is triffic!
its realy loveley ...i always loved your voice..this has  got a big rod stewart vibe i think ..probly bcos he had so many wives he had to write a whole lot of grandchild songs!
the verses were the best ...but maybe it got a bit to busy in the choruses ???
anyway im much to young to have grandchildren so i will leave it up to you how you do it
...it s bloody good anyway! :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »

Thanks Tina  :-*

As for grandchildren....your turn is on its way ;D 

xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »
yeah but when it happens i probly wont get a look in......if id had daughters it would be a diffrent story id be seeing the babies evry day.....i ll probly only get invited round whenever the mums mum cant make it....
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)