AND THE WINNER IS...

• 127 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »
I don`t think it matters how many entries there ,be it solo or collaboration ,does it?

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:04 AM »
Hello
My solo song is ready and I´m also open for collaboration. I prefer to write music to words, but can also sing or write lyrics.Hope to find someone who give it a try.
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
I don`t think it matters how many entries there ,be it solo or collaboration ,does it?

I was told earlier that only one solo entry per person. Then you could enter again in collaboration with another person or persons.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »

I was told earlier that only one solo entry per person. Then you could enter again in collaboration with another person or persons.

Yes what i meant was, everyone can submit a solo and do a collaboration if they want to.........then again i`m not organizing this .. ;)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »
Right, just to confirm..

One song per 'team'

So you can enter as a solo artist but if you want to enter another song it will need to be as part of a collaboration. You can collaborate more than once with different people each time.

The reason for this is that we want to encourage new partnerships and also, if there is no limit we leave ourselves open to someone potentially entering loads of songs and filling the album up.

@dutchbeat. The collaboration pairings are not compulsory, if you want to naturally pair up that's fine, we thought the random pairings would help with growing the community and would throw up some interesting results.

As for the deadline for putting your name down, there is no deadline as such, it'd be nice to get the pairings sorted soon though, I'll talk to Michael and get back to you.

Please, if anyone else wants to join in the random collabs, please say now so we can get a list together and pair you up.

Hab..

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »
Okay people, it's done:

The Magical Musician Matching Machine has just finished its process of pairing up the songwriters for this competition. Here are the results:

man of simple pleasures   &   ShinyThang
                                            crystalsuzy   &   Neil C
                                         songsthatcry   &   fischermans

Enioy the collaborations, show us what you come up with and spread some summer-feeling  :)

New entries are still very welcome !! So if anybody else wants to be part of this competition, don't be shy , speak up ;)
Of course you can also organize your own collaborations or enter as a solo artist.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Hi All    I'm not sure If this is the right place  to Place  my  entry into the 'Summer Song' competition.I think it is?   anyway this is  A summer song about optimism & brighter days ahead after a long cold winter.  This is a 'Solo' Demo.       Thanks       SONG:  SUMMER DAZE    recorded  April  2013.

Click link :           

WORDS ARE ON VIDEO            Thanks  :)

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
Hi Stylus. Liking your Summer Daze a lot. So, upbeat it had me throwin' some moves (shapes? - moves? I dunno but not a pretty sight anyway) Great song. Maybe you should pop it into the 'feedback on finished songs section?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:21:22 PM by ShinyThang »
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Hi Shiny Thang....Thanx'z 4 the moves,words & shapes.....Very kind of you...will take a look at your stuff when I get a mo...                  Appreciated   :)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
Ok Guys and Girls, I've a simple 'technical' question to you fellow collabs.
I'm running Sonar X1 in UK and CrazySusie is on Garageband in Canada. Sonar can export Audio and import (WAV, MP3) midi and OMF files. I've also found this useful resource re exporting Garageband, which I assume can import Audio at least.http://www.delora.com/tips_and_trends/export_garageband/export_garageband.html

So how have you collaborated together in terms of recording and production when you're not in the same studio? Any hints and tips much appreciated.
:)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Dutchbeat

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
i all the collabs i have worked with separate wav tracks, they can be imported in the various systems, and if you tell each other the BPM, and put the BPM on that number before importing, it just seems to work fine.....

Bin works with a 8 track hard disc recorder, sends me the separate wav tracks and tells the BPM and i can import it in Reaper without any problems

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
Love to offer my frets and fingers if anyone needs a guitarist to collaborate with on their song...harmonies or even lead vocals too, if you like ;-)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »
i really would need help / advise on summery lyrics...

just a line or two, could be enough

we have our music, but a very brief lyrical hook....

or more, could be helpfull, if a lyricist would like to try and help, send me a PM please

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Hay Dutch .. how about ..

Laying naked on the beach .. waiting for the sun to bake my feet ..

does that sound summery enough ??  ;D

AndyJ

• Busker
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
I've registered here just recently and stumbled over this competition thread. I don't usually write "summery" music, but I've once written a song (over 10 years ago) which might have some "summery" potential:

https://soundcloud.com/andyja-1/thank-you-instrumental-demo

I've uploaded this old home-made demo recording and know it's sloppy and all, but back then I didn't intent this recording to be heard in public. It was a typical "work in progress" recording. The original lyrics are not summery, but maybe someone in here thinks that this song should have a go in this competition and wants to collaborate with me? Write some lyrics, record the music properly, sing ... ;)