Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

mr.rock n roller (rough idea)

(1/4) > >>

man of simple pleasures:
hey there!

well i've dug this one out from the archives as they say, i've had this ages, recorded it about 3/4 years ago on me old 4 track tascam thingy, i even sparked up the electric guitar on it haha!

well seen as though this forum blues competition will be rolling on sometime over the next months i thought i may enter this one, it could be a simple kinda punky blues song, however it needs more work on it to get it somewhere being decent so i was wondering if anyone sees anything in this to want to work gave me a hand and work on it to get it better as an entry into the competition, if not no worries i'l see how things go!

cheers!

its called mr. rock n roller

mr rock n roller too bad somebody told her
theres fighting in the street gang
so get back on your feet man...

born outside into a hurricane
out of the water into the firing flame
i was born to become unseen
but now i'm around i'm gonna stick with...

darreldo:
I love finding old songs that i had been recording and thought id lost.
This song has potential, id like to hear some heavy bass on it or distorted guitars, abit like black rebel motorcycle club.
Maybe speed it up abit, not so that its like a ramones song or owt as quick as that, just a slight tempo change.

man of simple pleasures:
cheers darreldo! yeah just forget about this one like but maybes i could do sumit with it thinking on for this blues competition but we'l see, yeah i get what you saying! it could do with a drumbeat to get a better tempo going! yeah just needs to go a bit crazy with the guitars black rebel style in there!

Sing4me88:
 The chorus 'mr rock n roller somebody shoulda told her' could be quite catchy if the melody was tweaked and strengthened a bit. I think if tempered right it might have some potential. The lyrics and the initial few seconds of the chorus at the start had me thinking this could work well as something a la Arctic Monkeys if that was a direction you want to go down with this, your song your call of course :)

S.T.C:
I quite this..feels like early The WHO..in a couple of places...obviously needs some lyrics and story to it ..but good job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version