konalavadome

Girl of Mine

• 6 Replies

Revolver

• Busker
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
Howdy folks

I've been trying to write a song for my daughter, it's supposed to be a lullaby type song so the lyrics are very simple, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hair so fine
Eyes that shine
On my mind
Girl of mine

Dont be down
Lay your head
You'll be fine
Girl of mine

Hey there my girl, you blow my mind

http://soundcloud.com/p-mccartney/girl-of-mine
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:42:27 PM by Revolver »

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »
Hello
The guitar is fine and nice intro too but your singing is sorry not the best and often with voice intonation problems.Also the chorus is a bit thin and simple.All in all a lot of work for you but yes you can. ;)
Regards Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:54:29 AM »
so you arent the greatest singer? so what!! atleast you got your idea of the song across. i think this song has alot of potential. It has a good feel about it. decent lyrics, melody, nice guitar picking.
Work on this abit more, clean it up recording wise and it will be alot lot better. you have good foundations here. i like it

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:04:34 AM »
The guitar work on this is very nice. The melody line is also good, though obviously with a few pitchy notes, but as a songwriting piece I felt you need to develop the lyrics a bit more. A rock song can often get away with very few lyrics and lots of repitition but a slower, acoustic number such is this is heavily reliant on the lyrical content. What you have offered here is good but there needs to be more of it.

I would look at doubling the lyrical content at least and you should be getting close to where you need to be. See if you can get a story out of it rather than just stringing thoughts and feelings together. This will help capture the listener and draw them more into the song itself.

It may also help to change to a lower key as this may suit your voice better. When I first started writing I wrote a song which I thought was a real beauty but I could never seem to get the vocal right and I ended up shelving it. Some years later I went back to it and changed the key and B I N G O it suddenly worked. Second thing is when you are singing, find a quiet room where nobody can hear you and let go. It is impossible to sing when you are consious of others hearing you until you are very confident. You sounded hesitant with your singing and this will not help and infact will only further subtract from your confidence. Get alone, and really sing and you will be surprised at the improvement especially if your drop the key of the song.

This is a good first up effort, great guitar play, nicely chosen melody and good lyrics - just not enough of them.

Allan.

Revolver

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:17 AM »
Many thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate it,

I'll keep working on it, and see if I can get some more lyrics together

I'll also give the dropping the key trick a go,

Thanks again

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
Hey Revolver,

I've written songs for my daughter, what better inspiration!!

The guitar work is nice, the fingerpicking. I get the feeling you're searching for the melody still in this recording. I'm guilty of this, recording too soon. It might help to familiarise yourself with the song for a few weeks, sing it to yourself, around the house, in the car etc.. then try again.

Lovely, simple, touching lyrics as well :)

hab..

Revolver

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Thanks for listenin habiTat

I'm going to have another fiddle about with it I think