konalavadome

Big band orchestral samples??

• 3 Replies

Mackofficial

• Busker
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
Hey all,

I am looking for more samples for inspiration in a similar vein to this track: https://soundcloud.com/mac-uk/gotta-let-you-know

Any ideas anyone where I will find great samples guys? (I have scoured the net myself to no avail) I love this big band kinda stuff and have had some really nice feedback on here and other forums on this track so I just want to get writing!!

Alternatively, if any of you are great musicians (maybe sax? trumpet?) and interested in collaborating to create something from scratch I'd love to hear from you.

Your help is very much appreciated.  :)

Mack

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:38:33 AM »
Have a look at the Native Instruments site they have some nice instruments and also some excellent sample phrases that work really well in their Kontakt player.

Another place to look is ueberschall they have a couple of sax libraries that can be manipulated with their free player. Unfortunately they used to have two players and the first one was way better but for some reason they discontinued it, go figure??

My preference out of these libraries is Kontakt, it is supported far better and is probably the sampler of choice by all producers. Well supported by NI and also a huge number of third party products available for it is well. It is also very easy to make your own instruments from a few well recorded samples if you are into that sort of thing.

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:37:49 AM »
Orchestral ones:

East West (EWQL)

Vienna Symphonic Library

Peter Siedelek

LA Scoring Strings (or something)

hollywood strings

Miroslav Philharmonik

Colossus

Garritan

Brass Specific ones:

Cinebrass
Hollywood Brass
DSK
Sax Lab
Chris Hein Horns
Mojo Horn Section

Or you could just go look for some soundfonts and put them in a player (like kontakt)

Stephen Palmer

• Open Mic
  • Music for music's sake
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »
The Peter Siedczelak string samples (used with the Kontakt player) are particularly good, but, of course, not cheap.