konalavadome

Constructive Feedback

• 4 Replies

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« on: April 09, 2024, 08:11:31 PM »
Dear all.

Going through songs left over from my previous two albums, I have wound up with another albums worth of songs which I have decided to try finish up.

I wondered if any of you would be willing to have a listen to my demo recording of these songs and offer any advice on what you would do to get them over the line. I know everyone is busy so I don't really expect much, but if any of you did have the time it would be a great help as I think I'm nearly there.

Please note that none of these are mixed. They're my rough mixes so apologies in advance.

Here's a Soundcloud playlist link to the demo's.

https://soundcloud.com/user-81338256-916420941/sets/2024-album-demos?si=0d198385f5df445aa09c71e9bf750551&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Many thanks in anticipation.

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 08:38:55 PM »
I listened to a few tracks , I think what you got, you could be a contender to compete with other artists
I'd switch hats to get a following , I think you could grow a decent fan base . Talent has nothing to do with it , Its being aggressive to get above the noise. The same way you attacked being a musician.   
Good luck

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 05:49:41 PM »
I picked "All Because of You" at random (well, sort of - Saliva have an amazing song with the same name, so it stood out). I love a good ballad, so really enjoyed it. The early parts of the song sound a bit bare and the strings that enter later sound too synthetic to my ears for the style. So, if I was tasked with finishing it off, I'd work with a good string library, introduce basic strings early, then build them up with the progression of the song.

Just my subjective opinion. I will probably listen more later, even if only out of interest and will comment here if I have something to say, which you can ignore or consider as you like.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 10:31:05 AM »
I picked "All Because of You" at random (well, sort of - Saliva have an amazing song with the same name, so it stood out). I love a good ballad, so really enjoyed it. The early parts of the song sound a bit bare and the strings that enter later sound too synthetic to my ears for the style. So, if I was tasked with finishing it off, I'd work with a good string library, introduce basic strings early, then build them up with the progression of the song.

Just my subjective opinion. I will probably listen more later, even if only out of interest and will comment here if I have something to say, which you can ignore or consider as you like.

Thanks so much. That is good feedback.

I've been learning about the Studio Strings on Logic Pro, and there's quite a bit you can do with those to articulate them to sound real, so that will be my first job!! :)