And everybody is racing for,
The popularity crown,
She no longer cares though,
As she settles down
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

teprometo13

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
This is a great song - really relatable - but maybe the chorus could be a bit longer for more depth? :)
Writing songs came as easily as breathing to me

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »
Ohmygosh. This is the most relatable thing I have ever read or this forum! (Except from the last bit about kids..I'm not quite there) But, seriously, this song is so stunning and honest, with such an amazing viewpoint of a relatable topic. I love the story in it too, my favourite bit's the pre-chorus and the last lines of the chorus, but I mean the whole thing is superb. Love it. Love it. Love it.
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »
I read them and thought,hmm,don`t think this works...then i sung it,and it rhymes quite nicely...story is ok also.....the more you stay away from themes to do with relationships breaking up..the more you will be forced to write newer more interesting themes?

Missseventeen

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:43 AM »
This is such a relatable song I think everyone on here can link with it some way!! Great job, you've got such an amazing talent! I love reading this I would love to hear it finished aswell, this reminded me of Taylor swift in her early years when she actually cared what she wrote about ahaha!
Keep the amazing work up
Best wishes miss seventeen

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 09:30:42 PM »
Whoa loving the reviews haha

Teprometo13 - I might see of I can extend the chorus on a way that I think works but I made it shorter than I normally do for the more short but sweet effect. It's one of the shorter chorus I've done on a song and was more like an experiment but ill take that in!

Jess - I'm so happy you like and able to relate to it (minus the children part). It was sorta the aim to see if could make it relatable. I'm just really happy about how much you like it. In the end I like to write songs to see if I can make people smile or something!

Songsthatcry - I've slowly started writing more songs away from relationships, reaching out into other topics. I think I tend to fall back in the relationship topic because its easier to write about? But I  going to try and 'stay away' from that topic as much as I can and see what I can do. I'm glad you think it rhymes nicely though :3

Missseventeen - im glad you find it relatable as well. I haven't got an amazing talent that I would say but thank you so much for saying that! I think the last thing I listened to before writing this was Taylor, I get a lot of inspiration from her. She's one of my favourite artists and I think she still cares about her music, just heading down a different path for now ;) it's also not the first time I've been compared to Miss Swift though which I like haha

Thanks for the comments

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »
Hey Boo this is another great piece. Again I've picked up a Taylor Swift vibe from reading the lyrics. I'd really love to hear this one, even if just vocals and guitar!

I don't really think the chorus needs lengthened. Yes it's short but it also flows really well and extending it would break the momentum IMO. I think if you can get a really catchy melody to the chorus a short snappy chorus will work wonders. If you are going to extend I'd go for some simple repetition even just 'Crown, crown, crown' to give the chorus a real hook and catch. It's your song of course but that's just my dollars worth!!

A great piece as always :)

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »
Sing4me88 thanks for your comments. I haven't extended it at all at the moment and im not to sure if I will. Mainly out of laziness. But thanks for the advice of what I could do if I were going to extend!

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »
I think you have empathised with 99.9% of the population with these lyrics, male amd female.
Would have liked a more 'happy, content, but still dreaming' for an ending, just my humble, I will look forward to hearing it, if your not feeling too lazy of course!! good luck. Terry Sains.