konalavadome

Who would produce my songs for a fee?

• 3 Replies

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
Given my disinterest in the production side of music, I would dearly like to be able to email my rough Logic files over to a competent producer.  But how much would this cost or maybe some forum members may like to earn extra money? 

The idea would be for me to record the keybs and vocals into Logic and then have someone produce them to a broadcast standard.

I'm not sure how much a reasonable amount is - clearly £10 is taking the p*ss but so is £150. 

Any ideas?

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
I would be up for having a look at this

I would suggest a trial run with 1 track with no commitment (or fees!) from either party

We can then give it a crack and see:
 how it pans out
 how pleased you are with the final track
 how the "collaboration" process goes
 and how long it takes to get the track to a point you are happy

Worst case you will get a demo and I will get a chance to try out "producing to a brief"

If you want to give it a go have a listen to my stuff on Soundcloud (link in sig)  and if you are interested PM me and we can work out the "logistics"
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
I'm only curious ..

what type of music you expect to get from the production ?? you mentioned keyboard ..

I mean which genre you think is good for the song .. or you are open for  suggestions ..

good luck ..

Cheers ..

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »

what type of music you expect to get from the production ??

Cheers ..

Hi Saeed, I guess I'm looking for someone to tidy-up the tracks that I lay using Logic.  This would probably involve quantising to tighten-up the timing, fix any volume issues (ie loud vocals or not loud enough keybs etc), maybe programme a more appropriate and varied drum section...... I would always deliver the vocals, keybs and any midi orchestration myself.   Maybe also offer some advice on vocal set-up and delivery too......