Summer Song Pairs comp..?

• 8 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: April 07, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
Hello again,

In the interests of maintaining forum momentum, building community spirit and...

FUN  ;D

Shall we look to launch our new competition?

There has been much discussion about what to do next and how we should do it. The blues was a possibility, but maybe too specific for some members. The general feeling seems to be that we need a subject that is loose enough to have wide appeal and can be open to interpretation, and also that we should try as much as possible to include new members and get people working together.

How about this...?

The Summer Songs Pairs comp?

A song for the summer, as simple as that! We all want some sunshine, write a song for cruising along the boulevard in that open top car  ;D

Those interested in playing can put their name forward and say if they wish to be a writer/singer/producer etc. Once we have our names, we can randomly pair people up to make our working pairs.

Thoughts?

If anyone wants to run this one, please do say, I don't mind doing it but it might be nice to have someone else have a go at running one.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Make it about the weather..cos iv`e just half written some lyrics about that,,for some reason or other ???..

And i know who i want to do it i think. ;)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »
i'm in not sure how much i can do tho working with someone hmm i dont class myself as a writer, player or producer to collaborate with haha!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:32:06 PM »
Great idea to pair people up on random, should lead to some very interesting results :)
And we certainly could use some sunshine - I don't know how it is in the rest of the songwriting world, but over here it seems somebody forgot to tell the weatherman that it's supposed to be effing spring !!

But I think I'm gonna have to skip this one, I've got too many other projects running and way too little time to work on them :(

However, I'd be happy to help out with running and organizing the comp, as an impartial observer...

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:43:22 PM »
Yeah count me in.

Bit nervous about 'pairing up' perhaps especially because I've just finished a summer song with my usual writing partner and um ... quick it was not. It took us 17 months!

I'll do Lyric or music (prefer music) but my production is pants

They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
@Michael, If you want to take up the mantle on this one, feel free sir, I've gone and given myself too much to do all over again  ???  I've just realised, aside from a certain main project   ;) ;)
 I've just started that concept album, I have a collab with DB, one with Kafla and now possibly one with mosp on the go ??? ??? ???

There isn't enough time..

hmm, there's a song idea... :D :D

We could always run this one together, I may actually sit it out to stay impartial as well then, just to give myself some breathing space.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:12:49 PM by habiTat »

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
I'm up for it - although truth be told I'm a bit :( about the lack of blues as I've got a couple of cracking ones but you'll have to endure them anyway......
Bring it on - the sunshine that it...
:)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
Okay, hab, sounds like a plan :)

On the Blues vs Summer thread it seems like the majority of people voted for summer first, and then the blues one.

I'd suggest we keep this open to both individual and collaborative entries.
Although I would still like to encourage as many people as possible to go for the team effort: It's fun to collaborate and you are forced to step outside your comfort zone, which is always a good way to expand your musical horizon and grow as a songwriter.
Also, it's a great opportunity to get to know people and get involved in our lovely little community - especially with all the fresh faces that have joined recently :)

As for the "theme" for this competition, in order to get as many forumites involved as possible, I'd say let's not put any other conditions on this other than the obvious one: A summer song. It can be about summer, or just have that certain "sunshine feeling" - if you think it can be considered a summer song then it qualifies!

Any other ideas?

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
if we pair up i would love to bash out an acoustic song with me vocals and someone taking it on to sprinkle a bit magic over it!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks