Gadaffi is dead now
Syria still killing their own
Syria still killing their own

Don’t mention Israel
You might get crucified
Give Palestine their land back
So peace can be realized
So peace can be realized
Do something to stop the fighting                                                                                        Give peace one more try
So no more children will ever have to die

The West have kept
These regimes going for awhile
But now the people are taking
Them back one at a time
Them back one at a time

Don’t mention Israel
You might get crucified
So peace can be realized
So peace can be realized
Do something to stop the fighting
Give peace one more try

People are now uprising
All around the world
Riots in Europe
Protest in a America
Protest in a America

Don’t mention Israel
You might get crucified
So peace can be realized
So peace can be realized
Do something to stop the fighting
Give peace one more try
Will ever have to die
Will ever have to die

Thanks for the feedback I've made some changes for the better I hope : )
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:00:56 PM by Hall »
Visit my Youtube channel and see all my other songs I have collaborated with John Glock www.youtube.com/user/foolingmyself1

Lyrycalsoulz

• Busker
    • Youtube Lyrycalsoulz
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
First of is this a rap, poem or song?

It is a difficult topic to address considering its quite political hehe but I thought that with regards to no beating around the bush you certainly dd that. You went IN and said it all as it is which i respect.

I really struggle to picture how this would go in a song or something so be great to have some music or some melody?

Also i liked when you repeatd the lines i imagine for emphasis right?

I liked the uprising bit also

ALl in all a good set of words just for me i have no personal interest in thats all ahah

Take a looka t some of my posts and let me know what you think
Visit and like my Facebook page

www.facebook.com/Lyrycalsoulz

Hall

• Busker
    • Sean Hall and John Glock songs
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Thanks Lyrycalsoulz for letting me know what you thought about the lyric I wrote,I feel this will come over well as a Folk song a lady or man and a guitar telling it as it is,I have a melody for it but since I can't sing : ) I guess I will have to keep it to myself,you are right about one thing I dont thing people like dealing with these political type songs but it came to me and I used my poison pen once again to say what is going on around the world today,I will check out your post thanks once again.
Visit my Youtube channel and see all my other songs I have collaborated with John Glock www.youtube.com/user/foolingmyself1

Dead Weight

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Hello Hall,

Liked this protest song, can see a folksy, Dylan-esque vibe to it.

Hall

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
Thanks Dead Weight it seem that people don't like singing these types of song anymore this Generation has really changed no one cares what is going on in the world either, but you hit the nail right on the head folksy and Dylan-esque vibe I like that  ;D

Chris_lightless

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
 quite veracious ... but  cant grasp the feeling of flow ... still loved the lyrics, honest and pure ... about singing just keep on trying everybody can sing ... just keep on ... recent scientific paper´s  proof that fact you just need your lung and voice box ... and the technique ... if you got some talent you will just improve faster and get the feeling earlier ... just saying what i read
pure hearts are meant to bleed

Hall

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
Thanks Chris everything I write I have a melody and a feel for how the song should go, but I just don't feel I'm good enough to sing my songs,I have a friend who is a singer and she makes me sing the songs so she can get a feel for how they are supose to go, so you never know if I keep that up she feel's I should be singing them myself but I just feel I have a voice that should be kept in the shower when I'm having a bath  ;D

Chris_lightless

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
maybe you did not get the best voice to sing ( cant confirm ) but not everything is about voice ... it is more about  how you convey these feelings that you put into your song ... you wrote them so you´re most capable to convey...in my opinion you just ought to keep on singing ... not everybody can write songs ... and maybe someday you will be glad that you kept on...maybe you wont be some professional but you could sing for your kids / wife  even if you mess up some chimes its still worth it 

Hall

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:42:17 AM »
Well to tell truth I'm still shock by the words I write cause it is something that I'm doing late in life, was always a music fan and a lover of Great lyrics, a lot of my friends don't even know I do this and the one's that do are so shock they don't even know what to say, but I'll take your advice might even go to singing lessons  ;D

Chris_lightless

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »
it is never too late to do what you want to !! and cheers that´s what i want to hear

calmlondon

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi,

First off, we don't have near enough protest songs or songs of conscience (SoC's) so good on you. SoC tread a thin line between delivering a message to enable a shift of attitude, and delivering a lecture that causes people to switch off.  I think I would only change the 'please do something' bit as ideally, that is the outcome of the song - that people feel compelled to take notice, and do something - so maybe I would try frame that another way to induce that - rather than demand that.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:39:31 PM by calmlondon »

Hall

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice to make this song better I have made a few changes hope it is better now  ;)