konalavadome

reflections of you/come summers day...song comp entry.

• 3 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
Right this is my song comp entry..i will and try to do a better version..better production..but i`m not going to change the melody or feel of it....got other things to be getting on with...if anyone wants to help me with that.....then it can be a collab...with most of the hard work done  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/songsthatcry/reflections-of-you

Lyrics

idle white boats
on a lake of blue
sailing to nowhere
ain`t that the truth

i close my eyes
to the shimmering hue
of gold on the waters
reflections of you

come summers day
stop and we play
maybe an ocean
maybe a bay.

a dog with a ball
a mother to call
a young child
fallen and all

bird , on the wind
a message it brings
sleep in the shade
forget everything

come summers day
stop and we play
maybe an ocean
maybe a bay.

come summers day
come summers day

i close my eyes
to the shimmering hue
of gold on the waters
reflections of you

come summers day
reflections of you

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »
Really liked the lyrics and for me best song to date. Insistent rhythm. It started to meander a bit later on ( as early demos do ) so I'd work on the structure and get a confident recording to get the most from it.
:)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
Really liked the lyrics and for me best song to date. Insistent rhythm. It started to meander a bit later on ( as early demos do ) so I'd work on the structure and get a confident recording to get the most from it.
:)
Neil  

Cheers Neil.....

I had a more complex chord sequence ,and kept fluffing it,or the vocals went wrong...so i just stuck to 6 chords and kept an `Xmas is over` type rhythm going.............it does meander i agree ,cos i got through the words faster than i thought and so had to stick a guitar bit at 1min 50s...and if i had planned that i would have spiced it up a bit....and come the end of the song .my lyric sheet i had stuck up, decided to turn from me and i was having trouble reading the end..hence it goes somewhat hesitant ...but i`m satisfied with it and will try and produce this again but sharper.

The chords i used where..D EM7 ,G .A .EM ,CADD9
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:28:11 AM by songsthatcry »

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »
Hey STC!!

Nice song mate, loving the 12 string, the rhythm, nice lyrics and melody.. summer chillout.

I'd say with a few production tweaks this would be sorted. I'd probably ease off the echo a bit, and generally bring everything forward, also add some harmonies here and there I reckon. You've got the song itself sorted, your best yet methinks :)

hab..