konalavadome

any ideas where i should go with this song?

• 5 Replies

darreldo

• Open Mic
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:10:54 AM »
this is a song i wrote ages ago but i need some kind of lead guitar.

i play capo 3rd fret and the verses are Em, Am, B7, Em, B7.

chorous C, Am, Em, B7.

i just havent a clue where to go with this song. id say its pretty much wrote but just needs some lead playing of sorts. i dunno you decide. thanks darrel

http://soundcloud.com/darrel-mcgibbon/500-hearts-acoustic

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:17:30 AM »
How did you recorded your song ??.. I like the chords progression and the Melody .. I could not follow the lyrics ..sorry !!.. about the Lead .. do you wont the song stays in one Acoustic and one Vocal ?? or may be solo intro with Harmonica and Back up Vocals to spice the melody ?? some thing like that .. one more tip .. I think you should play the song in a High key .. your are playing it in Gm key .. try Cm key .. capo on 3rd try it like this : Am Dm E7 Am E7  and the Chorus :F Dm Am E7 .. I think you need a Zoom R8 to make you recording life easy ..

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »
i recorded it in one take on the zoom r8 through the duo/mic. i just feel like there is something missing from the song, some sort of guitar lead

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:07:47 AM »
If you add lead guitar to the song .. What about Bass ?? No Bass in the song .. then may be tambourine to keep the beat ?? ..

I think Harmonica will sound cool .. do you have a friend play Harmonica ??

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »
i can play a tiny bit of harmonica, not at a great standard though,
i suppose that this song is definetley work in progress. i need to sit down and really have a think about it.

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »
darreldo.. don't forget harmony vocals it really helps the song punctuating phrases lines etc..