Publishing deal/forum

• 4 Replies

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
Hi songwriters,

I'm interested to know if any of the forum contributors have secured s publishing deal and if so are you happy with the terms.  If you don't have a deal, then how confident/optimistic are you about securing one. I've been contributing to this forum for a while now and am pleased to see the number of contributors steadily increasing. I think that the forum may one day, attract interest from publishers If, it hasn't done so already. I'd would therefore like to wish all contributors the best of luck, whilst also offer my thanks to tone for establishing the forum!

Paul.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
HI Paul

Thanks for posting :)  If only I were fielding offers from publishing companies :(  As yet, I haven't been approached, but of course, should things change, I'll be posting to get your feedback on it. I think it would be great if some industry folks found their way here.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:32 AM »
I have posted the link before, but if you want to get your songs in front of publishers, have a look at the site http://www.musicxray.com/ You can upload your songs for free and make them available for publishers/record companies etc to browse through, if the like anything they will contact you. Alternatively you can respond to any of the "opportunities" (usually have to pay a small fee for some reason) and send your songs directly to those looking for songs.

I have not yet used the service but I know someone who has and he did get some responses from the States wanting him to submit more for consideration. At first I thought the site was a bit of a scam but I think it's a genuine opportunity for songwriters to get their music out there. In any case there's nothing to lose if you upload your songs for free. once I have some decent stuff recorded I will give them a go.

As for publishers browsing this forum, I think that's unlikely unless a link to here is sent to all the major publishing houses, then you never know!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:18:11 AM by hofnerite »

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
Thanks for responding guys and for the useful link which I will investigate. I'm very reluctant to pay for screening services, however If I'm fortunate and am offered something from my own promotions, then great!  I would be genuinely thrilled for anyone who is offered a decent break, or has already achieved this.  If so, then Please let everyone here know, as it is very rare that we hear of such good fortune!  I feel sure it would give everyone much hope!:)

MeriToneMusic

• Busker
    • www.quistorama.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »
Hi songwriters,

I'm interested to know if any of the forum contributors have secured s publishing deal and if so are you happy with the terms.  If you don't have a deal, then how confident/optimistic are you about securing one. I've been contributing to this forum for a while now and am pleased to see the number of contributors steadily increasing. I think that the forum may one day, attract interest from publishers If, it hasn't done so already. I'd would therefore like to wish all contributors the best of luck, whilst also offer my thanks to tone for establishing the forum!

Paul.

I have signed a few different kinds of publishing deals actually.. A few weeks ago I signed a publishing contract for 1 of my tracks - with a company that supplies music for adds, films, etc.. in other words - a library music company... that may be a route than some of you guys could be interested in.. I don't personally pursue making library music as such, but I'm happy to work with these kinds of companies!!!!

Best ,

Quist