*enthusiastic arm flailing/waving* Hi people!

• 5 Replies

FustigateMusic

• Busker
  • Sometimes I dont write. Sometimes i HAVE to write.
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
Salutations fellow writers. ;D

I'm hew here, and it looks likes I'm supposed to introduce myself. So here goes lol.

The name is Mitch. Im 22 and grew up in a college town of about 50k in Iowa. I grew up around music. My dad is a 40 year blues guitar player and my two older brothers played in bands when I was young. I've been writing songs for about 10 years (mostly terrible ones haha). I've been playing drums for 8 years. Guitar for 5-6,  I've been singing and rapping for about two years now, and gigging with a band for a year. I've worked stage production crews with my uncle. And I did a 6 month apprenticship at a local recording studio. Writing is my biggest passion. Along with preforming.

I write to understand and express myself. I'm not a very talkitive person face to face but I explode with lyrics when I sing or rap (I'm not the best singer, but the drumming background has given me rythm). I need to write. Its not something I do for fun (although I love it). Its just how I cope with life I suppose.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some people here and discuss songwriting. I'm confident in my lyrics, but haven't had much feedback.

Thanks for reading :D
I love to laugh like I love to write, which is only slightly more than I love to play guitar. Which is half as much as I love to play drums.

;D

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
Hello enthusiastic person!

Welcome to this brilliant forum it's very nice here you know!

Flossie
x

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »
welcome to the forum, Mitch!

FustigateMusic

• Busker
  • Sometimes I dont write. Sometimes i HAVE to write.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
Thanks much folks. I like it here already. I posted some reviews and some of my lyrics up already.
I hope to become a regular around here. This looks like the best of all the songwriting forums I lurked through
Before joining one.
I love to laugh like I love to write, which is only slightly more than I love to play guitar. Which is half as much as I love to play drums.

;D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
Hi Mitch  ...hang around and we will entertain you.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »
Damn straight this is the best songwriting forum! ;)

Welcome aboard, Mitch. Thanks for the enthusiastic intro.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l