Another new boy

• 2 Replies

Smoke Free

• Busker
  • Lest we forget
« on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
Hello all

Frustrated would be songwriter. Took up guitar whilst running a pub about five and a half years ago and have mastered some chords and attempted rhythm. Found I didn't want to strum along to records so started putting chords structures together with all these nonsense lyrics I have in my head. Played with some friends in a band (New Shapes) for about a year where I was the lowest common denominator musically but 'wrote' pretty much all of the chord structures and lyrics.

Where I'm at now: Still tone deaf! Still churning out lyrics in my 'little black book' still hearing all these great songs in my head. Well they sound great in my head. My ambition runs to having some of these songs become reality. I have embraced technology and put 'mixcraft' on the computer so that I can actually lay some rhythm down to create over.

I am really really struggling to put the melodies in my head through scales on a keyboard and sing like a walrus. I suppose I've joined you guys to crib over your shoulders at your work and working methods and to throw some of my ideas out in the open to see how they sound outside of my head.

Just in case I strike lucky - I live in Paignton and would love to meet a like minded soul to sing my melodies back at me but sounding just how I imagined so that we could grow the songs from there.

Am I going on a tad?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
Hi Smoke Free and welcome to our friendly little forum :)

I hope you'll find this a great place to hone your song-smithing skills. We pride ourselves on giving honest and helpful criticism. We all want to get better!

As for striking lucky; not exactly. I do live in Devon though, by the skin of its teeth (on the Dorset border) although there is talk of moving west a little next year.

Feel free to crib over our shoulders, and have a listen to some of the work the other members are sharing.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »
Hi there :)

Always nice to see and welcome new faces here. I hope we'll see you a lot.
Looking forward to hearing something from you :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:21:48 PM by tone »
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.