konalavadome

It's Alright

• 4 Replies

paulmclay

• Busker
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »

This is about the typical things that happen at a drink-up, for good or ill, then doing it all over again. I wrote it with an early Oasis B-side influence.

Yesterday was fun
Drinking with your friends in the sun
Smoked your last cigarette
Saying things you now regret

But it's alright
We'll do it all again tonight
Yeah it's alright
We'll do it all again sometime

Promises unkept
That you made before you wept
Pride before a fall
Not that we expect you'd recall

Shattered glasses and broken hearts
Is all you'll get
Once the drinking starts
Tears and truths, ill gotten gains
We'll wake in the morning
And do it all the same

It's alright
We'll do it all again tonight
Yeah it's alright
We'll do it all again sometime
I hope we never learn.
Paul S. McLay

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »
The title of the song pulled me in and I want disappointed. I liked the idea of the song and the way it all rhymed. The only thing is I thinks it's a little short. Maybe you could've used the third verse as a bridge? Anyone it's all up to you and in the end it's your song. I really did like it though xx
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »
I like the song and the concept however (on a personal note) I have a complete pet hate for the sun and fun rhyme because I think it's a tad too predictable! :) But all in all I think it would make a great track x
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »
I like it. If I'm honest it kinda reminds me of the type of summer get togethers me and my mates would have where we get drunk, fall out, make up etc all forget about it until we do the same thing the next day. It does have that Oasis style feel to it and I can imagine it working quite well as a song in that early Oasis style. I love the opening verse and the chorus is great, again it shows simplicity is often the key to good songwriting :)

paulmclay

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »

I completely agree with you BooBoo, I think most of the things I write end up quite short, what I didn't mention was the 7 minute guitar solo after the second verse ;)
Haha, I know what you mean Jess, I did write that kind of begrudgingly, but it just goes with the whole scene of the story.
Thanks Sing4me, I think I was listening to Boneheads Bank Holiday or D'ya Wanna be a Spaceman before I wrote it.
Paul S. McLay