konalavadome

Ladies of the night

• 5 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
Ok recently I've been trying to turn my hand to writing risque Pop/Dance style lyrics ala Kesha, Minaj etc. Can I please stress in the strongest possible term that despite the title the song is not about prostitutes; it's a song about attractive, young women out on the town enjoying themselves in the same sexually unrestrained way that men did for millenia! The lyrics are not intended to demean women or reduce them to sexual objects; in fact it is essentially about female empowerment through sexual liberation.

I'm talking to a producer at the minute and trying to get a good intense, up tempo Pop/Dance type beat to really ignite the beat with the intention to then send the demo to labels etc if what we have in our heads at the minute can be realised in practical terms.

As always feedback welcome and asked for!

Ladies of the night:   ©Hearty 2013
V1
Don’t tell us your sweet nothings,
Just give us all those shiny things,
We don’t want your heart to keep,
Gonna make it skip a beat,
Parade us like some trophy you won,
Ditch us when our job is done

PC
Indulge your desire and vice,
We can give you anything,
Anything, anything you like

C
We are the ladies of the night,
We know what you like,
To set your world alight,
Better tell the wife,
You ain’t coming home tonight,
Cos you’re with the ladies, the ladies,
The ladies of the night

V2
Wear our skirts above our knees,
For the world to come and see
We got beauty, we got class,
What you want no questions asked
Have a look, have a feel,
So do you like what you see?

PC
Have the time of your life,
We can do anything,
Anything, anything you like

C
We know what you like,
Better tell the wife,
The ladies of the night

B
Uh the ladies, the ladies,
Ladies of the night aha,
Uh the ladies, the ladies,
Ladies of the night aha,
Ladies of the night,
Aha, aha, aha

C
We know what you like,
Better tell the wife,
The ladies of the night
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:37:26 PM by Sing4me88 »

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »
Personally, being a girl, I don't find it offensive, in fact I rather like it. I think the chorus is really strong and although I prefer the 2nd verse to the first I think theyre both good. It's also very ke$ha, which was your aim. I think as long as people get where your coming from and what your trying to say, they won't find it offensive x
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback Jess. The melody I've got in my head suits the lyrics quite good. It's hard to explain but again like Kesha and Nikkin Minajs best pieces the verse is half sang/ half spoken with the pre-chorus being more sang than spoken but the chorus and bridge being completely sang as opposed to spoken. I'm hoping the producer and whichever female artist will be able to come up with something very energetic and intense and hopefully in a few weeks I'l be able to post a demo on the reviews so people can 'hear' rather than have to 'read' the song:)

On a personal note I'm glad you managed to get my 'drift' and where I was coming from re the meaning of the song - ie that women/girls can go out and enjoy themselves with meaningless sexual encounters and be empowered by it just as much as men.

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »
As I've said before you are one if my favourite writers on here so i was intrigued to see what the song was like. It's another great song that I could imagine someone like Ke$ha singing. It seems to be full of energy and I would love to hear a demo when it's done.

To me the choruse was the strongest part of the song and seems very fun. I was going to say silly but I don't want you to get the wron impression by what I mean haha. Keep up the good work ;)
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

BreathingMusic

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »
You're right about this being a Kesha song. I agree with Jess about the chorus being the strongest part. It really stands out to me. Plus I don't think this is offensive in any way. Once you've read the lyrics I think it would be difficult to misinterpret.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback folks :) I'm especially pleased that so many females have managed to see the tongue in cheek nature of the lyrics as opposed to finding them offensive. Boo the chorus is indeed silly, I don't have a gripe with that at all as thats what it was intended as an uptempo bit of fun and a laugh and I'm glad people are able to connect with the lyrics!

Now just the small matter of tweaking the vocal melody and getting the correct 'click' with the producer and artist to see what we can come up with. Can't wait until I've got something to let you hear instead of read :)