I Know What You Want

• 10 Replies

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »
Hi,
 What do you think? It’s another side of my band. I’d like your opinion on everything you can think of. The video comes from a local TV show where we performed playback a couple of years ago.

I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

I know what you want
But you won't get it
I want you to long
You won’t regret it

It’s so 'cause I know that when you get me
You’ll choose another flower you can pick
on the planet
And I’ll lose you.

So I fight and I go only where you’re not
And you'll catch me if you can
But running’s not enough
So be daring, love

I know what you want
But you won't get it
I want you to long
You won’t regret it

It’s so 'cause I know that when you get me
You’ll choose another flower you can pick
on the planet
And I’ll lose you.

So I fight and I go only where you’re not
And you'll catch me if you can
But running’s not enough
So be daring, love

You’re cute
With your roses and your poses to impress me
What imagination you show just to reach me

I don’t want to lose it
I don’t want to hear the lies
Of the husbands when their wives
Are conquested and
So I’d better play with you

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »

Very catchy verses! Very well put togther too, The percussion works well throughout and the singer is very unique! Obviously a professional performance. Where do you come from Zelig? I can't place the accent?

Are you a time traveller? was this you in the early days?!! ->
&feature=related

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
Well I'm going to take a wild guess at France possibly Belgium  :P

I really like this one very much. I love the vocals!
Very French sounding :)
It's not a style I would normally listen to very much so it was very refreshing!
I can't find anything about it that I could say needs improving. When something is good it's just good  ;)
Thanks for sharing :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
Thanks Hofnerite and Schavuitje. I'm the guitar player and I'm Belgian. The singer with that special accent is Swedish. And no, she's not Florence and I'm not the machine, but we really appreciate the comparison! Your input means a lot to us, so thanks again!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
Great attention to detail in this song & recording. A very nice arrangement. It's difficult to separate the song from the performance as the singer has such a strong personality. It's not the kind of thing I would normally go for, but I think there's a very good and catchy song in there.
You're obviously very well rehearsed and very professional in your music-making. I'm sure success is waiting for you around the corner.
Excellent work :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 05:10:57 PM »
Thanks Tone,
We like to work hard to get as good a result as possible. Moreover, we are really lucky to have   the drummer who is not just an excellent musician, but also an irreplaceable sound engineer and thanks to him we are constantly pushed to improve.

Smoke Free

• Busker
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
I love this too, smashing groove going on, sexy continental feel to the melody and extraordinary voice. It does take me to the metro in a funny sort of way. Lovely naughty undercurrent to it. Fab.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »
Zelig

very well done!!!!!!!
great singing, great rythm

creative, funky and fun
(any performances near the Dutch border soon?)

Dutchbeat

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »
Smoke Free
I love British people!You always come up with comments full of imagination, fun and grace. Thank you so much!

Dutchbeat, we have no gig at all for the moment, unfortunately. I’m so glad for your comment: «creative, funky and fun».  You made my day with this and I shall make sure to keep it in my head for a while to fight back any morose feelings. Thank a lot.

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
Hi Zelig,

I enjoyed this song.  In particular, I liked the guitar and accordion which sound great together.  The drums are mighty fine too!  It's very commercial sounding and it's always nice to see a performance video. The lyrics are well written and seem quite serious.  However, when heard in the context of the song, they become more light hearted.  That's not a criticism, just an observation of how it's easy to perceive a song very differently when you separate the music from the lyrics.  Well done!

Paul

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 03:04:31 PM »
Thanks Pablo,
«The lyrics are well written and seem quite serious.  However, when heard in the context of the song, they become more light hearted»

I’d never thought of it but you’re totally right .  I like your comment, because it made me think of a very famous song in France . The lyrics are talking about death but the song itself really makes you want to dance. Maybe you know it, because it had some success in other countries than France.