ROOM 101

• 2 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:12 AM »
Coffee in the wrong place

Massive queue at the petrol station, cars stacking up out on the road, I'm stuck waiting to get to the pump, the driver of the van in front is queueing in the shop. Is he paying for fuel? no, he's done that, is he using the restroom, no,... he's buying some kinda double whipped frappaccino!! Two of the three staff members working there are doing the whole 'barista' thing, and the petrol queue builds and builds..

grr.. >:(

The same goes for pubs, how long should it take to go to the bar for a pint? depends on how much coffee the barman is making..

Garages are for fuel, Pubs are for beer, coffee shops are for coffee   >:( >:( :D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »
I feel your pain hab, but coffee at petrol stations is perfect for gigs - especially on the way home when you're knackered and a couple of hours from home.

Maybe they should have a separate coffee counter? :D

Maybe you're going to stop liking me.... I drink coffee at pubs too... :o :/
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:16:33 AM »
I can feel your pain at the petrol station and Tone I think you should be arrested!  ;D
It is the same in supermarkets. I always watch where I stand and make sure I am not blocking people. I always make sure I leave my trolley out of people's way. It seems like I am a dying breed however. These days people seem to think it is fine to have a conversation that blocks and isle and do very little in the way of moving, at least at any polite speed, out of the way. Even when they have seen you coming!
I deal much better with it since I came back from Holland though I have to admit.
There it seems like it is a sport. The game seems to be to be as ignorant of everyone else as possible but then push and elbow when others get in your way. It works. And no one funnily enough seems to get annoyed about it.  :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.