Anonymous reviews

• 33 Replies

Kafla

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:10 PM »
Right I have been thinking about this all day and had another thought -

In most pursuits the person with the most talent / technical ability is usually the best - take sport for example

But in music that is so not true - too many things influence what people consider to be the best music

So wee guys like me can swin in the same pond as guys like perseverence

Don't know if this makes sense but music and songwriting really is the most amazing and fascinating thing in the planet  ;D

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
You confuse aggression with me honest and straight-forward.
Maybe it was a bit harsh to use the word sh*t. Noted Flossmeister  :)
But the meaning was the same. If I don't like something, I will say and give reasons why and I won't butter it up like most people do.
I see now why you suggested annonymous reviews. Because then you wouldn't be able to feel as vengeful as you do against someone (me in this instance) for giving a negative review.
You obviously have a problem with the review I gave, which is where all this has come from.
And you say I am the aggressor?
I just don't namby - pamby to weak people who can't take critisism.
If you want patting on the back then there are plenty who will do that for you. Just because you don't like my review or opinion doesn't mean I am aggressive. Maybe less bothered than most about buttering things up, but certainly not aggressive. Not until some new person turns up with some well produced song and thinks that all the other songwriters on the forum are going to be drooling at how good it is.
Well there talent is in abundance here so some new guys often take the hump when what they think is fantastic gets some not great reviews.
Some people say they want honest opinions even if they are not what they want to hear but react very differently when it happens. You got the review you didn't like from me and then this thread appears, and when I comment on this thread you jump on me again, accusing me of underhanded comments aim directly at you. I can see the pattern. YOU are the aggressor!
I don't care two sh*ts whether you like, agree with what I say, but you will not stop me from saying it. If I don't like your song I will tell you. Deal with it.
Now I'm quite prepared to leave it at that and move on, because as I have already so eloquently stated, I don't give a shit.
Just tryto be a little less touchy when you don't get the glowing reviews you expect.

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
Wow man. You have issues.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 11:41:27 PM »
I've locked this topic as I think everything relevant to the debate has been said.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l