konalavadome

"HELICOPTER HEAD" - MRI [studio track]

• 8 Replies

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
think some of you have heard the demo version of this before and video with outtake... this one here will be on next CD.

playing around with optimum YouTube codec settings too for least amount of loss

btw ;p this isn't a song about getting fellatio'd in a helicopter mile high club lol but rather a song i guess about 'enlightenment' so to speak  eg being able to see 361 degrees all around at all times etc...

Helicopter Head
© 2009 - 2013 MRI
Words & Music by Daren Thomas Turner

Turn Around
Can you see
Three hundred sixty-
One degrees?

I walk through walls
I jump through fire
I speak in tongues
I dress up nice
I twist my mind and
Break my neck
To find my helicopter head
I walk on water
Melt the ice
I split the atoms
In my eye
I blow my mind and
Burn my bread
To find my helicopter head

Turn your head around
All the way
Like the kid in
That possession movie

Haven’t you heard only panoramic minds love helicopter heads?

codec'd: mpeg4 AAC LC 44.1 kHz  @ 128kbps

choose 720p HD for best audio

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:34:20 PM by ABeautifulVirus »

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »
I remember it,,this is deffo better recorded...like the base riff ....and the whole feel of this track...their will be a few who  didn`t catch the demo version...so i will let them say a something....should be a good cd.

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »

btw ;p this isn't a song about getting fellatio'd in a helicopter mile high club lol but rather a song i guess about 'enlightenment' so to speak  eg being able to see 361 degrees all around at all

Ha ha  ;D

Another stunning piece of music Daren!

Quite a bit of religious overtones in this was as well - your lyrics are always very well constructed and the attention in the music is awesome - you are a man in complete control of the machine

I listened to the other YouTube version - the new version is so crisp - you have mixed this really well maintaining the rawness but also enhancing the clarity

The riff is very catchy - there is some guy covering this on an acoustic guitar and you can clearly here how clever it is - once heard not forgotten  :)

I have no idea how you guys are not signed  ???

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »
Dense and hypnotic rock.
What vocals at 40secs - I never saw that coming!!!!!
Love the drums at 2.18.
Vocally v slight echoes of great psychedelic Aussie band called The Church...
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:18 AM »
I remember this from the original demo - it was on just after I joined the forum. I thought it was great then and it's even better now. Cleaner, more focused sound - what a fabulous thing this is!

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:30:24 PM »
Dense and hypnotic rock.
What vocals at 40secs - I never saw that coming!!!!!
Love the drums at 2.18.
Vocally v slight echoes of great psychedelic Aussie band called The Church...
 :)
Neil

sweet- thanks Neil- you mean the band that sings "Under The Milky Way TOnight? I love them!!

-Daren

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »

btw ;p this isn't a song about getting fellatio'd in a helicopter mile high club lol but rather a song i guess about 'enlightenment' so to speak  eg being able to see 361 degrees all around at all

Ha ha  ;D

Another stunning piece of music Daren!

Quite a bit of religious overtones in this was as well - your lyrics are always very well constructed and the attention in the music is awesome - you are a man in complete control of the machine

I listened to the other YouTube version - the new version is so crisp - you have mixed this really well maintaining the rawness but also enhancing the clarity

The riff is very catchy - there is some guy covering this on an acoustic guitar and you can clearly here how clever it is - once heard not forgotten  :)

I have no idea how you guys are not signed  ???

humbly grateful to read this!  :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16:17 PM »
Hi,

More good stuff. Your sound is so rich. What amp settings/pedals are you using? Or is it a trade secret?
The verse melody isn't quite as strong as on some of the other songs, but they fit the song well.

Cheers,

Digger

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
Yup, improvements all around from what I can remember. The drums are much meatier and the vocals more crisp. The brassware is a little "dead" for my liking but otherwise great kit sound.

The descending main vocal pattern really draws you in. The layering is insane and only works because of the style and because of your commitment to really "go for it". This is not something to do half-assed

Good tunage :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk