Are you sure?

• 7 Replies

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
Hey, I wrote this earlier today and I want to see what people think and whether to carry it on.

Are you worth the constant floods of tears,
Are you worth being my number one fear,
Are you sure What you're doing is right,
Am I sure I can put up a fight?

Who are you,
And what are you doing to me?
We've grown into strangers,
In each others company.

Tell me what you think, thanks xx
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
see how it goes..workout the story properly though..!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »

Who are you,
And what are you doing to me?
In each others company.

Love this bit xx
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
Keep going there are already some good couplets. Agree with songsthatcry about telling a story. You could also think of a title to hang it around. 
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:01 PM »
This is a very, very strong start... even in these few opening lines you have a very solid basis to write something more substantive on... IMO what you have is perfect for a very strong opening verse and a powerful pre-chorus.... the title is fine as it is, in fact I like how it is a question and the opening verse continues to add to the sense of uncertainty at the hook of the song by posing more difficult questions... this is a wonderful start and if youb can continue on in such rich form then you'll have a belter at the end of the writing process..., can't wait for what you come up with and as I said in the past with some of your other stuff again for me this has Taylor Swift written all over it ;)

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »
Thank you for all the comments. So far I've not really wrote much else for this yet, I've been busy with some other stuff. I'm still sorting out the structure of it yet and I'm still working on a title. This was just so j could post it. I will probably think of a permanent title once the song is finished. Sing4me88 thank you for your words. I love the fact you keep comparing my lyrics to Taylor's! Massive compliment  right there!
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

yogabagaba

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »
In each others company.

I really like this line, I think it would work well as a repeated pre-chorus ya know, like an interesting centrepiece to a whole song. Make sure you post the entire song once it is done :)

paulmclay

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »

I think there's definately potential with this Boo, and I agree with the others that strangers line is a great lyric.
I hope you keep going with this and show us the finished article :)
Paul S. McLay