Discussion - Posting on the review board

• 58 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Is it safe to reply  ;D

Give peeps a chance will ya..i think you need to move foward not backwards on this Tina..it`s not going to get better...even on other sites, you will experience the same situation .

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:42:00 PM by songsthatcry »

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »
stc cant you see what s happening here... ive been here longer than you & i see people joining & some getting realy involved here & making friends & contributing lots ....& then slowly loads of new people join & these older members slowly feel pushed out & they dont post as much & then they just sadly leave
well i think someone needs to point this out that this forum constantly destroys itself
& i am angry about it
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 11:07:20 PM »
Unless there is a closed, members only forum, new members just have to be welcomed, some will embrace it, others will abuse it, Little Bill will do his best to nudge people in the right direction.

I like it as it is, I'm not sure what could be done to make it better without closing the doors, if that happened, what then? a very slow moving reviews board and slow responses to posts.

I have a very active imagination and like to write lots, quickly. I like posting songs regularly, it keeps me driven and enthused and I enjoy the interaction between others. If there were no new blood, getting involved and posting new material, I'd have no new stuff to review and my songs, and those of other regulars would soon clutter the board up.

Maybe it's cos I'm still relatively new myself, but if it were closed and less inviting when I first looked at joining, I may not be here now, in a musical sense, as this place has brought me on leaps and bounds compared to the first 15 years of my hobby.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 12:50:48 AM »
no you dont just understand im not saying no new people im saying something needs to be done to stop old people leaving!! becos they do ....therve been great people here & slowly but sureley they all drift away & post less regular or leave & i know why ...its obvious....they are pushed out & ive told you why
& im sorry if me threatning to leave has become a joke but your not going to make me shut up when im angry

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »
tinam, how do you know I don't already have a family?  ;)

My post wasn't a personal attack on you, so don't take it that way. It wasn't an attack on anyone.
Remember the original point of the discussion was about a feeling of "cliquey-ness" on the forum and not what to do with new members abusing the reviews system....that has been covered, a lot.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »
Go and have a look @ the original members when this site became active...pages 95 down...look @ the names....these guys are mostly long gone....who pushed them out? No one......they got bored ,moved on..gave up..who knows...

Iv`e been on here 7 months or so....and yes iv`e seen a few names that seem to have disappeared.....Kafla has been absent for nearly 2 months....maybe just having a long break,maybe just dealing with other probs...

What if youv`e been a member for a certain amount of time..say 10 months..as long as youv`e been a regular poster)..you get access to a closed forum..where the `old people` can discuss ,review or whatever...would that work....but also be able to access all the forums and be active...???

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
well stc i would say its already beginning to happen to you!  
you now tell new people of for posting to many reviews ...you never used to....whys that ..becos your treating this like your home now & you want people to look after it.....& soon you will get fed up with new people & you will post less & you will  leave
the only ones who avoid this are ones like flossie & jim morrison who only come here evry 2 weeks or less & so never realy get that involved

i forgot to add ramshackles to that he never gets involved & is always detached ...& hes a mod!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:18:51 PM by tinam »

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
well,,iv`e done it a few times.........i don`t do it for any particular reason?,,i`m not that fussed about double dippers.. :D....

I`m trying to get to a 1000 posts(sssh secret}..no,,just a joke...trying to keep the harmony of the site going i suppose.....your the only one it`s winding up may i had...unless some are keeping quiet!!

Plus...i do also think the one a week rule should be enforced to keep order..i know that sort of contradicts what i said earlier..it`s just theres a right way and a wrong way to let peeps know..i don`t think it should be just left to the mods..i don`t know,,,,

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »
.....your the only one it`s winding up may i had...unless some are keeping quiet!!

i dont think anyones ever thought about it before

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »
& niow ive started i might as well finish...i think older members look down on new members like adults do to teenagers....oh look at him how embaressing hes posted twice in a week hes so obsessed with himself & his own silly songs...& haha i rememver when i was that vain & deluded ....& no dont do it like that do it this way im grown up i know best!
&all the while they are becoming old ...they dont post so many songs then they dont come here so much ....they gradauly just wither & die just like old people & disapear from here

& nobody else can see it happening but me?

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

I found this site whilst researching songwriter links.

I joined yesterday night and said my hello's and posted a song for review.

I also had a look around and posted a couple of comments. All seemed great until I innocently posted another song trying to get some more feedback. I was informed that it was 'upsetting members' and apologised with a wry smile. Since then I've received a message from your admin informing me my 2nd song has been deleted and not to do it again. I don't take any of it personally but I'm pretty sure this kind of a welcome will put most people off staying. I got the message and wouldn't have done it again when it was mentioned the first time but to message me and delete the song?

Alan.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
When i joined up a distant 7 months ago...it was like the wildwest on here...i had a few dingdongs with one or two.....@ some point ,i PM`d Tone and suggested getting some moderators..because i could see what would happen once the place got busier..

Now i`m not trying to take any credit or owt{or responsibility)....but now we have them...and this is the way it is..

Iv`e noticed a rather terse attitude...but there it is....it`s a good place , so i`m sure we can live with it..new ones get the point...and so the world turns.  :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:14:28 PM by songsthatcry »

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »
Bollocks

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
delete that then  >:(

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
Bollocks

Shouldn`t this be in the lyrics section :D

I blame James Nighthawk for dredging the subject up again.. :D ::)