'video' software

• 5 Replies

Dutchbeat

« on: October 28, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
Hi,

Is there anyone that can reccommend software for adding pictures or filmclips to a song? to make into some sort of 'video' to go alone with one's own song?

I only used windows media maker, and i am tired of that

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
Now I'm not sure if this will help
I don't use Windows or Mac. I'm an open source advocate and am currently using Linux "Fedora-12 CCRMA RT Kernel" for all my audio recording. The learning curve is steep but as the software is free.......... ;D
For video I've played with a program called 'Kdenlive' which is a basic real time video editor.
I have neither the talent or the time to delve deep into the weird world of video but here is an area to explore if you're bored, have lots of time to spare and want to experiment.  ;)   http://www.kdenlive.org/

Leave the evil empire  and join the rebel alliance.  ::)

Mihkay
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
Mihkay!

Good man for advocating the dark side. I've been a linux user for the last 5 years or so (Although I have to confess I do my music recording on my old mac...)

I've had no luck with video editing on linux though - youtube rejected all my videos... :(

What distro? I've been through loads of them! Ubuntu, puppy, zenwalk, slackware, mint and back to ubuntu again!
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

mihkay

• Platinum Album
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:04:26 AM »
What distro? I've been through loads of them! Ubuntu, puppy, zenwalk, slackware, mint and back to ubuntu again!
I understand. As I typed 'distrowatch' into by browser I didn't realise that I would be lost in Linux land forever.... ::)

But having tried almost everything, I use Fedora, basically because it was the one my girlfriend used so my dumb newbie questions could be sorted easily and I've stuck with it. But the Stanford University version comes complete with a huge collection of music software. Hours of fun. For details, follow this link.  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »
thanks for the detailed advice, Mikhay! :)

very good, but I am afraid that my computer skills are to limited to go this road, the Linux way, and the "steep learning" curve you mention is holding me back

but I am sure the option you suggest is good

thanks  8)

mihkay

• Platinum Album
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

but I am sure the option you suggest is good

Not always the case. But the option is free.   ;D