Music Gateway's interview with singer/songwriter Fleur

• 0 Replies

MusicGateway

• Busker
    • Music Gateway
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
VIDEO LINK: http://www.musicgateway.net/blog/7/Fleur-%28Singer-Songwriter-and-Artist%29-Interview-Strictly-Rhythm-Recs-The-Social-Nov-2012/#.UL4VX3Zb_VM (sorry, can't find a way to embed a video?)

Hear how her career has gone from strength to strength, her biggest learning curves and how it all came about..

It’s not surprising that Fleur turns heads wherever she goes. While there’s no denying that she has star quality, in the most brilliantly contradictory way she also has all the merits of being incredibly down-to-earth and friendly. With a smile plastered across her face, the talented singer and songwriter exudes a contagious energy that floods across her performance.

At just 22, Fleur has already done great things. Aged just 16, she entered The X-Factor with a group of friends and inadvertently ended up performing live on national television with Simon Cowell as her mentor. The experience kick-started her thirst for career in music. Dipping her fingers into many musical pies, the next few years saw Fleur coincide her education with singing backing vocals for Leona Lewis, street dancing, and the several musical projects she would experiment with. Always yearning after something greater, the determined singer acted on initiative and decided to focus on her solo career. ‘It was like a burning thing inside me that I just had to do’ she explains.

Since taking that game-changing step over a year ago, Fleur’s world has changed. Having accompanied his BBC Live Lounge performance back in 2011, she has been touring with DJ Fresh’s live project, Fresh Live, providing an all-powerful vocal for the electric performance. The band frequently play to huge audiences, including the 45,000 capacity crowd (plus the millions of viewers watching the broadcast) at T4 On The Beach that Fleur vocalled alongside Rita Ora and Dizzee Rascal. Fleur will also feature on a track she co-wrote with DJ Fresh for his upcoming album. She describes her Fresh Live experience as ‘like an apprenticeship. I’ve done my training with him, and now I’m raring to go! Raring to get out there and do my own thing!’

There's more from this blog on www.musicgateway.net/blog