konalavadome

"EXTINCT" {live track}

• 19 Replies

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
hi ya'll. been a while. hoping my schedule changes back so i can get on here more :)

power trio live track w/ one vocal harmony overdub in choruses.
playing a jaguar through vintage tube ampeg VT22 w/ flanger pedal
singing a little flat in some places 'cause i was inside the cans to hear myself next to Rob's drums

Daren Thomas Turner: guitars, vocals
Rob Wilson: drums
Daniel Denial: bass

EXTINCT
© Daren Thomas Turner /MRI © Forever

i am just inbetween my hating
and i just want to be with my baby
and i don't want to die, so save me
don't hang me out to dry, and stab me

could i stay here tonight, for just a little,
it's cold outside my dear
if you say it's alright, i need your shelter
but bury me if you go

i am just inbetween my hatred
and i just want to be with my baby
and i don't want to cry, so save me
don't hang me out to dry, and stab me

could i stay here tonight, for just a little,
it's cold outside my dear
if you say it's alright, i need your shelter
but bury me if you go

http://soundcloud.com/abeautifulvirus/extinct

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
Hi,

Liked that a lot. All dark and brooding. Good vocal style. I liked the weird harmonies. Throw in the modulation sounds and I'm in my element. Maybe a little too muddied at times, but as a live take - loved it.

Will be looking out for more of the same.

Digger

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:44:42 PM »
Welcome back.. ;)

Like it...The Cure comes to mind...as a comparison ....good stuff.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
 ABV  ..welcome back ;D ;D....Like this, took me back a few years ;D  nice 'acid' feel about it,  great drumming,  took off around 2.18 for me...especially like the out.  Good to have you back amongst us...your distinctive music, posts and character have been missed by a lot of us here.
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:12:53 AM »
Very stoned drug induced  psychadelic feel. But not impressed with the vocal overall.  Cool vibe though!
 A song platform is there to expand upon for sure...

Sevla

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
Hi guys...liked the vibe. Some good changes here...I like the lift into the chorus section - really effective. Drumming - good live sound and nice and tight. As you already know, the vocals are flat which nearly put me off - glad I kept with it 'cos there's great potential here.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »
i thought this was very nirvana / billy corgan like & you got a great sound on this but i thought the melody line was a bit weak which was a big shame
also it was one of those songs where your waiting for something to happen & i was plumping on a big guitar freakout & i could feel it coming but all i got was your flange pedal turned up to max...which was disapointing
sorry sounding a bit negative here but i think it could realy have been great :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
I think this is great - put me in mind of Hawkwind  - but good. Only tiny criticism - would have worked better for me if the vocal had been mixed forward in the opening verse - i was struggling a little to get my head around it really - but once it came forward the whole song came together. Very inventive - really enjoyed it BTB.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:51:39 PM by bewarethisboy »
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
"I think this is great - put me in mind of Hawkwind  - but good."

Explain..i love Hawkwind?

Dutchbeat

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
Hi Virus!

we were missing you  :'(

but good you are back, with an excellent recording!!!!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
Great to have you back. I'm having a glass or two of wine while listening to this which helps. It has a surreal feel like something from late period Beatles. Fantastic vocals which have a very effective effect on them(no idea what it is but it works). God knows how long this must have taken to engineer and mix but it is great. Even the drums sound a bit like Ringo. Wonderful right down to the last drop (and the wine is pretty good too). ;D

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
Excellent peice of songwriting, very trippy. I thought the vocal was good but lyrically very thin. Would have liked a few more ascii characters thrown in.  Production wise needs a lot of work. Its a very muddy recording unfortunately and the vocals at the start are almost totally hidden, maybe the bass a tad strong as well.

As a song though I loved it and I am sure its all there just needs a little tweaking to show it off at its best.

Nice Write
Allan.

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »
hey humble thanks to all for the listen!  indeed there is absolutely no production on this - i've been mastering out a few other live tracks too as a demo set on the other side of the spectrum from all the highly produced studio stuff i've posted w/ the multi-track vocal harmonies etc/

mistake laden, painfully off key in some places, tons of wiring issues and polarity spikes, no click track, - this is simply more dark, brooding ( perhaps lyrically boring too lol idk seems to work with the 'mood' ) raw and punk in attitude but goth/grunge in delivery. bit of The Cure in there too as pointed out  :)

good to be back on this forum. one of my dogs unexpectedly passed and it messed me up big time for a spell as any animal lover would understand so i took some time off.  then my work schedule got crazy busy w/ new job. but trying to squeeze in art when and where i can!! 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:26:39 PM by ABeautifulVirus »

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »
I can really sympathise with you taking time off after your dog unexpectedly died. I lost my first border collie that way and it left me more devastated and in greater pain than losing my parents. Sounds weird but it's the truth.

Great to have you back.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »
lovely trippy feel to this ..interesting & unpredictable , again..
really well played.  quite compresssed and 'itchycoo parked' which is effective but maybe a little claustrophobic ..i’d have liked it to expand wideways if you know what i mean.  but very nice BV
didnt really get a beatley thing this time, for some reason the btrack reminded of a jeff buckley experimental kind of thing and your vocal had a touch of marc bolan in places.
i hope you dont mind either one

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1