konalavadome

Short metal idea.

• 15 Replies

yogabagaba

• Busker
« on: November 27, 2012, 01:52:44 AM »
Hi, I wrote this and I am thinking about expanding upon it, its just hard to judge your own stuff objectively. Ill happy look at your stuff too if you leave links :)

&feature=g-upl

yogabagaba

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
Why do people never do these? Such a shitty forum.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
Sorry mate, maybe there's a forum out there for your type of music.
Most of the music on here is folk to rock , we don't have anyone really who would feel qualified to comment on metal.
Sorry you're dissapointed .
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Whoa, hold your horses there! Sometimes it takes a while until the first reviews come in... Patience is a virtue.

I don't know a lot about metal, but I'll give it a try.
I'm assuming that the part beginning at about 0:30 is the verse? I found it a bit difficult keeping track of the exact song strucure, that maybe because of my inexperience with the genre, but I think the small number of chord changes added to that...
I interpreted the song so far as intro, then verse, then something like a prechorus, like a build up to what's yet to come.
I liked the intro melody very much, quite memorable, I could imagine it would sound cool if you reintroduced parts of it later in the song (in some sort of high gain variant obviously).
Are you planning to add vocals? Drums? Other stuff?

Btw., coming to a forum without introducing yourself and writing about how 'shitty' said forum is in your second post... there are better ways to leave a first impression.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »
dont apologise to this yob  & dont reward bad behaviour by giving him what he wants  >:(

why do people like him think were all just drooling to hear there less than average music
they come here & show no intrest in this forum or joining in & contributing but expect us to give them something for nothing.....good riddance !
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Michael, all credit to you for yet another incredibly detailed review. I agree, I liked the intro. It was music. After that Craig, if you really want my honest opinion, it was rubbish. Why, if you can write an intro like that, would you then come out with that next bit? Is it because you like listening to people shouting? Do you like your ears bleeding profusely?
Whatever, I hated it. Bugger off and find a forum for it. You won't find me there which probably isn't a bad thing as I'm sure we just wouldn't get on.

Thanks,

Richy

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »
I thought it was okay....there was a bit of Henry 8th going on in the intro intro and then it sounded kind of fun.... stick at it I wouldn't mind hearing the rest...............sometime maybe?? BTB
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:51:18 AM by bewarethisboy »
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

yogabagaba

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
Well, I didn't realise that a forum for songwriters could be so snooty. Sorry if something with ideas post Dylan and Taylor isn't something you can comprehend. Just fyi though, many metal musicians love all types of music, hence why it is such a popular and open genre. Maybe stop closing off your forums to things outside of folk? And to everyone who gave feedback, whether negative or not, thank you. The only way I will get better is through honesty!

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 04:08:39 AM »
So let's review everyone...
1) - We are Snooty
2)- It's a shitty forum
3)- We can't comprehend anything past Dylan and Taylor
4) - and then the only TRUE comment by craigdevlin----"The only way I will get better is through honesty" ----

Don't get discouraged by honesty, you are 100% right, it's what makes all of us get better, and frankly I was dishonest by NOT posting-- I listened to the track and took the "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all" ---and that craigdevlin I aplogize for that as I did a diservice to you...IF I had been a more responsible person I would have said this to you (and I mean this in the most welcome and encouraging way, please believe me...here is what I should have said to you, to be a better member of this forum...and I quote...

"Well welcome aboard, some cool guitar riffs there, very different A and then the B section, not really quite a "song" yet, just chords really, but we look forward to hearing your work when it is further developed into a song, and again keep it going, looki forward to hearing your finished vision".
I should have encouraged you, while telling you the material you are posting is YES just a song idea but not enough for us to really give you feedback on yet, but welcome!

Anyhow I find your comment about "all you can understand is" very opposite to this forum. Very contrary to the openess of this forum, there are great fingerstyle players, great shredders, great writers in all genres, and it's common to hear a reply post start with..."Well it's certainly not my genre but...".

Anyhow, I encourage you to not blame the response but to get stronger and grow, go forward.

They're are a lot of good people and writers here to learn from. 

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:39 AM »
Unfortunately Craig, what happens when you post a 'shitty' comment, like a child who doesn't get to go to the playground, the review ends up being about you, not your music. Too right, it's not my genre, but I have plenty if good friends for whom it is. Snooty, well, it's kinda like going to a party where you don't know anyone, drinking too much and acting like an arse, don't you think?

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 07:19:50 AM »
Hi Craig,

When you post a guitar riff or two ... it's hard for me to say do I like the song or not.
Looking forward to hear the song when it's further develoloped.

JackMusic

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
Snooty, well, it's kinda like going to a party where you don't know anyone, drinking too much and acting like an arse, don't you think?

Embarrassed feeling of self-recognition... I have done that too many times!

Craig, don't be impatient with people, it's the internet, you can't make any assumptions about anyone so you may as well assume that they're all your friends.

As for your track, there's not really anything to review here. Perfectly acceptable chord sequence in the intro and power chord stuff going on, not sure about those sustained notes at the same time, sounds unintentional. You need a melody and lyrics otherwise all it is is a fine arrangement.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
I listened to it first time it was posted....it`s a faint idea ...just some guitar work..which was ok to listen too....you have to be patient.....
turn it into a song....then we shall see...although i wonder if you will have the courage to show yourself again.

You can start again if you want..i won`t hold anything against you. :)

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
This is impossible to review as a song as it doesn't qualify. Add some lyrics, give it some additional structure, give it a proper ending and then repost after you have made lots of reviews and I am sure this will be given a more thorough review. If you don't wish to add lyrics then it is an instrumental and you have posted this in the wrong section.

Good luck with your writing
Allan.

yogabagaba

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
Thanks for all the actual reviews guys! I did note it was a demo but I take your points I wouldn't be able to review something like this, I was just giving the forum a try. Ill definitely get working on creating the song and reposting.