konalavadome

Pawprint Challenge - Song for Dogs Album?

• 17 Replies

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
  • I'm Cathy, Tone's wife.
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »
Anthony told me how you guys were writing songs for the dogs....I just didn't realise how committed you all are! Even though Tone said about it being a separate project, that was because I wasn't well enough at the time to carry on with all the work, (I was burned out after running the dog rescue alone for 4 years, plus the work promoting and admin work, funds and stuff with the song for dogs) but now I really think that after the pawprint challenge, all these songs should go on an album, and we can put them all on the original song for dogs website and have it as the album for dogs. It would do so much good!

What do you think people? All in favour say WOOF! x

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
I'm listening to all the songs now. Might take a while lol! there are lots, but this is great!!

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:17:31 AM »
woof

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
:) excellent!

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »
haha! I just had a thought....Tone's not awake yet, but when he gets up and sees my posts all over the forum, he's going to say "Oi mrs! Get off me forum, what are you doing?!" HA!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
Hey Cathy,

I'm so pleased you like it and I'm also very impressed with effort everyone has put in. When I set the challenge I was hoping for maybe ten efforts, enough for the bandcamp page. You never know how these things will be received and when I emailed the guys at badaw I was careful to remain cautious, saying it may not raise much but was just a nice thing for us to do. The standard of the work though, coupled with the amount of entries is shaping up nicely for a really promising fund raiser. To have it on the song for dogs site would be awesome, it would mean we could keep track of how much it actually raises. The Pawprint page itself just directs people to badaw or invites them to text and was never going to have its own dedicated donation route. So to that I say WOOF!

Dutchbeat has offered to carry out the polling to find our 'single' ie. track 1 and once that's decided they can go up on the Bandcamp page. I was planning to design a cd cover which people could print off themselves but if you want to make proper CDs that would be even better. I guess that can be discussed later, once the challenge has finished. I'd be happy to do the cover for it if you wanted to go that route. Just let me know.

Hab..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:18:05 PM by habiTat »

stephaniedema

• Solo Gig
    • Sienna Little on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
Hey Cathy

Loud and clear belgian WOOF right here :)

SD
Like a little spider I'm climbing the insurmountable. But I never hold myself accountable. - KT Tunstall

https://www.facebook.com/siennalittlemusic
https://twitter.com/SiennaLittle
http://www.reverbnation.com/siennalittle

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
Hi Cathy

Big woof from here

Happy to donate my song (rights, royalties etc. etc.) to the cause!

Boydie
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »
Grrrowl err I mean woof woof!  ;)

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
Woof from me too.
Happy to be part of this :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
Woof here too

but....i would like to incorporate the forumites' comments (less volume on high end effects, bring the vocals and several guitar parts up a bit more, and improve the video timingwise, but also based on the comment of habitat that the text about how people can donate shouuld be clearer in the video)

but i think i will have that done on saturday (that would be within the deadine i think...deadline is saturday, i think)

and you can certainly do whatever you want with the track, but i would like to have the possibility to work on the instrumental version (so without the lyrics and singing) further as there may be some interest in the instrumental  track for another project, and i would like to keep the possibilities to use the instrumental track for that (sorry for sounding so posh 8) 8)), but if we could keep control over developing and spreading the instrumental track further in another way, that would be nice

but actually, i just meant to say: Woof!

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
That's great guys, lots of people wanting to be part of it which makes me smile :)

There were originally 6 rescues on our beneficiaries list, but I've handed over picking the rescues to someone else, because it led to me getting caught up in rescue politics. ie 'they're on it, why aren't we?' etc etc, and it all got a bit ridiculous and uncomfortable. So someone who I trust and have worked with in the rescue world for a few years is picking the rescues, but it will still be only rescues who take pound dogs on death row. I know all the rescues from the time running mine, and I know they're all very good rescues. I wouldn't ok a crap one!

Dutchbeat: I agree with you on the production side of things, but I'm not sure how we can go about this? The ideal would be to have all the songs mixed and mastered, but that would be a task and a half! not to mention the expense! Any ideas anyone?

Thanks again everyone :)
Cathy x

Dutchbeat

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »
perhaps Ramshackles might be prepared to do that...i don't know, but he generously offered to do that in earlier posts...

i cannot do that, because i don't even know what mastering means (i think i should start a topic on that in the recordings section, i want to know what that is...mastering)

or perhaps James....

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
 ;D go ahead, I'll read your 'what is mastering post' hahaha!

waspfromipanema

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
    • Once Loved Dog Rescue
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
I don't know Ramshackles (or anyone really) but hopefully he or James will come along and post a comment soon.....