konalavadome

Hold my hand

• 8 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
Hi guys,

It's been a difficult couple of weeks, my Mum has been in hospital for surgery and we are waiting to see if she has (or had) cancer. She is hopefully coming out of hospital in the next few days and she'll be staying with us until she is more able again. In a moment of positivity I have written this. The melody is stuck in my head and I can't stop singing it to myself.

I've written the lyrics in my own weird way so I don't forget how it's going to be sung, so apologies for that. I'd love to know your thoughts. If you read it with a view to it sounding similar to The Spinners' 'Leaving of Liverpool' you'll likely get close to where I'm heading with it.

Hold my hand

It broke my heart when
I heard what you said
That you don't want to play anymore

I cannot imagine
The nightmare, the bed
And I know that you're feeling real poor

Sure it's been hard and
Could be harder still
But you've got us each step of the way

I'm not gonna stand by
And let you fall down
For its writ in the script that you stay

Oh...
Chorus
Hooold my    hand-All-the-way
Hold it firm
and I'll hold you up
Hooold my     hand-All-the-way
For-we're-not ones
For-quitting not us

Now we've got a young family
Who's needing you now
Needing you, more than you know

The little one's only
a year and a day
And she wants you to be there to play

So pick up your fears
And pack them away
And leave them behind in the bay

For a warm and comforting
Bed does await
And our fire it never will fade

Oh...
Chorus
Hooold our   hands-All-the-way
Hold them firm
and We'll hold you up
Hooold our    hands-All-the-way
For-we're-not ones
For-quitting not us

bridge
If you say no I'll say yes
(stomp stomp)
If you won't go And protest
(stomp stomp)
Look at her eyes
Look at her smile
Go for her
If not for the rest
(stomp stomp)

Chorus ..
end..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that Hab..i know a bit about cancer in my family i`m afraid...are these lyrics about your situ?

I have some myself but can`t bring myself to write them ....

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that Hab..i know a bit about cancer in my family i`m afraid...are these lyrics about your situ?

I have some myself but can`t bring myself to write them ....

Hey STC, sorry to hear your family is affected. We're hoping, really hoping, it's not cancer.

yep, a sort of uplifting 'we'll support you' song..

music therapy my friend :)

hab..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
It's amazing that such a great uplifting piece of work can be inspired by such a grave and worrying situation. I like these lyrics. I like them because I can feel that you mean every single word of them. They come straight from the heart and that is very very powerful. I think you've matched it up to a great melody in the 'Leaving of Liverpool' style - happens to be one of my favourite songs - and it succeeds in lifting the mood of the listener.

Hope everything turns out ok for you and your family and just try to keep your chin up and see it out
:)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
It's amazing that such a great uplifting piece of work can be inspired by such a grave and worrying situation. I like these lyrics. I like them because I can feel that you mean every single word of them. They come straight from the heart and that is very very powerful. I think you've matched it up to a great melody in the 'Leaving of Liverpool' style - happens to be one of my favourite songs - and it succeeds in lifting the mood of the listener.

Hope everything turns out ok for you and your family and just try to keep your chin up and see it out
:)

I really appreciate that, thankyou for your comments. :)

When I have time, I plan to record it in a live 'pub environment' style, with background commotion and people singing along etc. to create that 'live' feel. A bit like how the Beach Boys constructed Barbara Ann.

This one is well and truly stuck in my head :)

hab..

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
That's a great idea. The live recording atmosphere will really add that something special to it especially if you can get the whole place clapping and stomping along. Can't wait to hear he recording of it :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
That's a great idea. The live recording atmosphere will really add that something special to it especially if you can get the whole place clapping and stomping along. Can't wait to hear he recording of it :)

I might do the basic recording, then offer it up on the collaborations board for people to record themselves singing, clapping and stomping along to it. I could then compile all the offerings to create an online pub style sing-along, featuring all the forumites. :)

hmmmm  ;D

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »

Placid

• Busker
    • Alternative Rock
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »
Beautiful and deeply touching song. I felt it and I love it truly :)
Listen to some awesome Rock Music from Germany!