Hi all

• 3 Replies

XtrmJosh

• Busker
    • JoshGriffith
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:38:56 AM »
Thought I'd toss an introduction out there, before people start wondering who that genius is on their forum.

So, I'm Ed Sheeran.

That was a lie.

I wish I was Ed Sheeran.

Somewhat closer to the truth.

I'm an avid guitarist, drummer, singer. I guess you could describe my songwriting in a way styled by Top Gear - ambitious, but rubbish.

So yeah, trying to get my foot in the door of song writing. Never succeeded at it before, numerous failed attempts.

So yeah, that's me. Hope ya'll like it.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
Hi Josh!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting such an enlightening intro :)

No such thing as failed attempts at songwriting. It's just a journey like anything else. You start off being ambitious and enthusiastic, and over time those things develop into songs you're proud of that other people want to hear.

Keep at it, and thanks for joining our friendly little place.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
I like that name, xtrm josh. Cuts the crap. To the point. I should be th crsr.

Welcome wlcm :D
Defective Elector

XtrmJosh

• Busker
    • JoshGriffith
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »
Failed attempts really are the words when it comes to my lyrical ability. I get a verse or a chorus or even just a phrase in my mind, then can find absolutely nothing which will go well with it. If I do, it sounds silly & unemotional, as if I've looked through a thesaurus and picked words at random... I'm here to hopefully get some inspiration or tips, and possibly even help people out with their own music (though that's doubtful, I don't have much to offer at the minute!)

About the name - It originally stems from an xBox live clan from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I had a few friends who came up with the idea of calling ourselves Xtrm ~~~~, of course my name is Josh, so it only made sense to me, being the newbie of the clan, to go with Xtrm Failure. I then started using the internet a lot more on my computer, and for all the forums I visited & games I played, XtrmJosh became my pseudo, primarily because Xtrm Failure was a bit... Pessimistic? I quite like it, it kinda lets onto my lifestyle. I'm a motorcyclist, and reptile keeper. It may sound childish to hear, but I do consider myself to be more of an extreme person than average. Hell, I'd take up base jumping given the opportunity. That's all the background there is to it, a little immature, perhaps, but it's my life, and I regret nothing!

I should also point out that although I consider myself to be slightly more extreme in most aspects of life, I have more phobias than most people, including one of bridges (yeah, like what the fuck?! bridges?! am I serious? Yes). I do not, however, show ambition, really. I do things as well as I can, expect the worst, and generally speaking am "pleasantly surprised" when they go to plan, which they frequently do not.