konalavadome

Slaughter awaits me (is not the title to the song within)

• 2 Replies

XtrmJosh

• Busker
    • JoshGriffith
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
So I wrote a nice guitar riff yesterday, pretty much the introduction to some form of song. My problem is I've tried writing music for both acoustic and psytrance styles in the past, and I can't decide where this sounds best. I don't have the facilities to record on the guitar at the minute, so I'll post a tab of it.

http://soundcloud.com/xtrmjosh/nice-riff

Against (Capo 2nd - sounds best):

e|---------------------------------------------------------------
B|----0---------------0---------------0---------------0----------
G|------------0---------------0---------------0------------------
D|---------------------------------------------------------------
A|---------------------------------------------------------------
E|0-------7-------0-------7-------0-------7-------0-------7-5-3--

-------------------------------------------------------|
-----------------------------0--------0-------0--------|
-0-------0-------0-------------------------------------|
-----3-------3-------3-4-5--------5-------5--------5-3-|

Opinions please, and do excuse the psytrance styling, I know from lurking that most folk here are into acoustic guitar & vocals, I just pray all else isn't considered devilish.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:39:24 AM by XtrmJosh »

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:18:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Josh !

Don't worry, nobody here is gonna condemn you for the style of music you make. Get comfortable, make yourself at home, contribute and you'll soon see that this forum is a great place to hang around :)

Just listenend to your track, have to admit that it's not what I was expecting (I had to google "psytrance" ;) )
I played your guitar riff along to the Soundcloud track on my acoustic, and while the riff does fit in chord wise, I think acoustic guitar and an extremely electronic track in the background is quite a bold combination... I think it all depends on what you make out of it.
I thought that the synth sounds you used were a bit too harsh and anorganic, but that's just my personal taste.

XtrmJosh

• Busker
    • JoshGriffith
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »
Sorry you've misunderstood my intentions. I'm not sure if I should leave the riff as a psytrance style mix, or take it back to its original roots as an acoustic riff. I don't know how you worked out that the chord sequence is different, the notes are all identical in the tab and the mp3. I guess if you played it over the mp3, you won't have realised that though, unless you were playing at some insane speed...

I like the idea of a bold mix of acoustic guitar and psytrance though, you've certainly gotten me inspired.