konalavadome

Apocalypse Sky (habiTat) James Bond comp ***SONG ADDED****

• 18 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »
EDIT-------
 SONG NOW ADDED, IT'S ONLY ACOUSTIC, NO TIME FOR FULL PRODUCTION, BUT I WANTED TO GET IT OUT THERE -  http://soundcloud.com/habitatsongs/throw-me-the-diamonds-demo

Hi guys,

I've been stuck at home with the baby today waiting for some news on my Mum. Nothing as yet...

Anyway, inspired by Tina's effort I have written my film plot. Along with the lyrics which I already posted I now have everything except the song :(

I have it in my head but as yet I have no time or plan as to how to turn it into a recording.. ???  If only I had a USB port in my head  :D

Anyway, my plot features some familiar names and I thought I'd share it. No offence intended and if I missed you out, I'm sorry. Feel free to add your character in..

Apocalypse sky

Power crazy billionaire and self appointed Professor 'Michael habiTat' is hell bent on creating a new world order. Along with his evil henchmen, the 8ft tall 'Kafla Schavautje' , a one eyed hunch back called 'Boydie Binladeda' and his crazy half sister 'Tinam Jillianne' they embark on a hair brained scheme to build and launch the 'Apocalypse Sky' codenamed 'The s-ongst-hat-cry project' This weapon is a 900 billion gigaton diamond matrix fusion cluster cloud bomb. It's planned launch from a stolen Soviet nuclear submarine (dubbed 'The Mihkay' ) would result in mass destruction for much of the western world. So returning the human race back to the stone age.  habiTat will then be able to assume leadership and full control of the remaining population, land and resources in this new 'post apocalyptic' world.

And so follow instructions from 'M' to Bond to carry out the mission, codenamed 'A.N.D.Y 5544'. The aim, to prevent habiTat from installing the stolen 'Ramshackle' diamonds into the warhead at his secret lair. These diamonds have special radioactive properties and are crucial to the success of the weapon. This phenomenon is known as the NOOMS effect.

It's up to James Bond, the glamourous bond girl 'Stephanie Dema' and european agents 'Dutchbeat' and 'Flossie Misswhiterabbit' to foil his evil plan. They must find the diamonds intended for use in the weapon by using Q's ingenious diamond tracking device, known as the 'Ramshackle tone detector'. These diamonds emit a distinct radioactive 'TONE'.  American agent 'Florida Mike' offers clues to the whereabouts of the diamonds and Bond's brother 'Paul', a 'fisherman' takes them to habiTat's secluded island lair in his gadget laden boat named 'The Nighthawk', to do battle.

Professor habiTat is a 'man of simple pleasures' and enjoys fine wine. He hides the diamonds in bottles of his favourite 2002 Merlot. The underground wine cellar battle ensues and our heroes take out all the henchmen one by one in lots of gruesome and mildly entertaining ways. Professor habiTat finally perishes when James finds the diamonds, throws them to Stephanie and pushes him into a vat of wine, where he slowly drowns, calling out the name of his beloved fluffy white cat 'Montydog'.

The End
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:45:58 PM by habiTat »

Dutchbeat

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
sounds like a serious script from a Bond film to me

I hope you did not give away the plot from Skyfall, Habitat

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
 Hehe  ;D ;D...imaginative stuff..sound's like a bunch of schizophrenic's trying to take over the world.....hope they succeed, can't do any worse than the bunch we've already got ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
haha genuis!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
This is a cool thread.  It's  is such an enjoyable read.  I think that the Bond competition is proving to be tremendous fun! 

Well done habiTat!

stephaniedema

• Solo Gig
    • Sienna Little on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
Haha, I love it, hab :D
Thank you for graciously picking me as the Bond girl ;)
Can't wait to hear the sound track.
This totally made my day!

SD
Like a little spider I'm climbing the insurmountable. But I never hold myself accountable. - KT Tunstall

https://www.facebook.com/siennalittlemusic
https://twitter.com/SiennaLittle
http://www.reverbnation.com/siennalittle

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
Tee hee!

I'm with Dutchbeat - you mean to say this isn't an actual bond film plot? I can't wait to hear the theme song for this :D
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »
omg im crazy & evil & related to a 1 eyed hunchback!! well i spose thats all your good for in the world of movies when youve passed 30 & your a woman
yes a typical bond plot ;D but such a hideous waste of diamonds putting them in some silly weapon!
i think your going to have to rewrite that ..i ll have a hatton garden jeweller help you with the script!
but no its great to step outside the narrow world of songwriting & intraduce other imaginative elements like this bond script

i do hope your mum gets some good news & also that you manage to get this finished :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

james bond 007

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
hey man this is my film & you go writing all yer mates into it.....bloody cheek!

8)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »
SONG ADDED, ACOUSTIC ONLY, NO TIME FOR MORE

HOPE YOU LIKEY...

http://soundcloud.com/habitatsongs/throw-me-the-diamonds-demo

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
This is unmistakeably Bond even when presented as a guitar vocal song.  on the whole it moves along very nicely.  I'd make a slight change to the line "Only with someone like you can I master a plan".  Perhaps changing it to "Only with you can I master the plan".  It's a small change but I believe the reduced number of syllables works much better. This song would be quite spectacular with a lavish production, though  I wouldn't have so many references to existing Bond titles e.g 'Nobody does it better' and 'Live and Let Die'.  In my opinion it stands up extremely well as a Bond Theme without their inclusion. 

Make no mistake, these are only suggestions for improvements as I can hear a first class song here that deserves just a little more attention to small details!   :)

Excellent!  A stunning Bond song!

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
Wow this is bond thru and thru.  I cant beleive how well you captured the escence of a bond production with such a steripped down production. I can hear this in my head with a full orchestra and some 60's twang guitar - real cool.

Your choice of chords and melody was the key to this interpretation of Bond, absolutely spot on. And with the lyrics I am think a 'The best of Bond' compilation DVD lol.

Kudos mate,

Allan.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Good song hab....very easy to hear this with a full production. Good arrangement....nice choice of chords, excellent lyrics (of course)...really liked the 'out'  ;D ;D   Hope all is well in your world......
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
yes i also think youve done very well here doing a bond song with just basic acoustic gtar & vocals
i wouldntve thought it possible & it does fit the bill & its very good
the lyrics arent the strongest bit but then as ive seen here recently given  a big arrangement  even the worst lyrics suddnly sound majestic
so... excellent & im realy pleased you were able to get your entry done for the bond comp :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »
Cool thanks guys, it's been in my head for ages, except with all the orchestra etc.. :D

If anyone fancies having a go at making it bigger and more bond like, let me know. I wish I had the time and experience to be able to do it..

Thanks again

Hab..

Ps. to those who are interested, my mum is home and hopefully on the mend, we're still awaiting some test results though, fingers crossed. Xx :)